bb artwork jumping character

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by heathclose, Feb 10, 2016.

1. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I see a lot of different images that can be used for character animations in a platformer, but I'm not sure how to get these to the character itself..

[​IMG]
    like falling or a jump left and jump right and jump straight up... i don't see all those kinds of options in jump animation, or how to insert a falling animation...how is this to be utilized?

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

anyone?

3. clin407

clin407 Boxer

@heathclose did you ever find this out? I'm interested in the falling animation for my platformer but only see jump animation.

4. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

I found by default a move animation to be set to right...if you choose "image direction"...that at least clears up the left and right animation issue.

So I do this.

1. Default animation is standing straight.
    2. Move is default animation right with "image direction" checked yes.
    3. Jump animation use right and it will change accordingly as a "move" animation with "image direction" checked yes as I said above. I add additional animations included in my jump animation added as an "image" and overlay them in front of my character and it does quite nicely. Throw in a nice short trail and you got your self a sweet looking set of character animations.

Ishamahes likes this.
  5. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

If I can tonight I will upload a build I have worked on showing what I mean and see if that answers your question. I feel I can answer because I made and released my Just Jumpin 2 game you commented on and it does for the most part...exactly what your asking about. :)

Ishamahes likes this.