BB 1.3x - How to create continuous object motion

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by JustWatchApps, Mar 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

I looked for this in past threads - but couldn't find the answer. I even searched the old forum.

I inserted an object and gave it a linear velocity to move across the scene. It moved a short distance than stopped. I was expecting it to continue across.

I've just started the game, so my advanced gameplay settings are raw. I wouldn't think that it would take any special settings, but if it does, I'm happy to learn.

Losing my mind...

Thanks!

2. BossGames

BossGames Boxer

3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Good call @tweettopix, most probably player ha been died... Hence move of other objects stopped too.

JustWatchApps likes this.
  4. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hey @JustWatchApps, as @BossGames mentioned, do read the manual, which I'm sure you've done, as it sounds as if you're settings things up okay, but to help you out a little, check If you've set your 'object type' to to physics, or fixed.
    Physics - will have the object react to the object settings, but will be affected by overall gameplay physics too.
    Fixed - will have the object only react to the objects settings only - velocity, angle, rotation etc.

Usually if an object has stopped it's down to what @trudnai said, perhaps your character has been killed and the game is over. Often its collided with another object, or a distance based 'sleep' setting is activated. Best thing to do is turn 'Debug Mode' on and look to see if it's colliding with anything else on the scene.

JustWatchApps likes this.
  5. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

@BossGames Funny! I use that one a lot too. Didn't help in this case. @tweettopix @trudnai @Phill Mason You hit the nail on the head. Since it was an early set up thing in a new build, I wasn't paying attention to the character. DUH! Too close to the forest to see the trees.
    Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Phill Mason likes this.