Background won't stop crawling after game over. Help!

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by defonten, Feb 10, 2016.

1. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

I'm very disappointed by BB support. I've reported this many many times, but it looks like support intentionally and very accurately avoids direct answers which I don't think is a very good way of dealing with subscribed users.

I even recorded a video describing my problem to support and sent an example BB project - the background continually crawls even after character's death - when all movement of all backgrounds should stop as you'd normally expect because character died.. Here's the short video: http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cDnQ37hRIK

Briefly: every background in BB that has speed greater than 0 is crawling even when there is no character movement in a scene at all. Example - make a muted scene and use it as a background for Main Menu node. It will still crawl. You can even delete character - it will still crawl.

Any help and advice will be much appreciated!

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I sorry that you feel you did not get good support. We take a lot of time and effort to try and do the best we can to answer questions.

The background completely stops when game over delay is finished. I failed to see any serious issue with this, and this is what your question to support was based on, and you video and BBDOC was showing. You did not mention that using the scene on the main menu caused the same issue until your last response. That illustrates there may be a potential issue much better, so maybe we are finally on the same page with this.

I'll ask @seanjonathanconnor to write this bug up tomorrow.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  3. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Great. Looking forward to have a fix for this issue as soon as possible. Thanks Andy.

4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

@defonten, @seanjonathanconnor and @Andy
    Sorry to chip in but this is not only happening when character dies. If you have a gameplay settings where there is no auto scrolling, aka Min and Max Game Speed is 0 and only your character will move scenes forward, then you will still see that crawling thing is indeed happening on the background. If you increase the Speed of the background to 100 it is rather obvious that it is moving.

5. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Yeah, they figured that out already. So, let's hope it will be fixed in the nearest future.

6. LubnaK

LubnaK Boxer

I have one question ....when my character dies , the background keep on scrolling...Game over scene must apper...Instead on "Game over " scene , background scrolls. I am new in buildbox...please help me.....
    Thanks in advance,,,,