Attach A Platform To An Enemy

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Bishbash, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Bishbash

Bishbash Boxer

Hi guys, I was hoping someone could help me answer a question about how I might be able to attach a platform element to an enemy, the enemy will be spinning, and moving on screen, the platform element will make jumping onto it possible, but when it spins to the side with the "teeth" the player will die.

I tried earlier to couple a transparent platform to an enemy and I had to input different velocity information for both enemy and platform, which is going to be laborious and is less intuitive than I had hoped for.

Any way I can have the platform connected to the enemy and have it follow its spin and movements?

Many thanks for any help you're able to offer.

2. sir_freddy

sir_freddy Boxer

I don't know if this is exactly what you wanted to archieve but I made a rotating enemy connected to a platform:

3. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

Activate connection mode and connect enemy to platform (or visa versa depending on master role)

4. Bishbash

Bishbash Boxer

Thanks dude that's more or less what I'm after, what I really want to do is have a revolving knife where you can jump onto the handle and dull edge of the knife but the second you touch the blade you die.

I'd like to do this with several knives moving from left to right up to down etc, is this simply a case of connecting the enemy part to a physical part (platform)?

5. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

it's as simple as that.

6. Bishbash

Bishbash Boxer

Thanks Jackazoid, I was doing all sorts of unnecessary bullshit x