"Around The World" settings question.

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by AppNasty, May 17, 2016.

1. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

2. clin407

clin407 Boxer

You can create two character buttons in game field UI, attach advanced move to them and change the angular velocity. The only issue I see is that when the user taps to jump, it triggers the advanced move which goes in a single direction right now. I'm not sure how you'd get it to continue moving it in the same direction before it initiated the jump.

AppNasty likes this.
  3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I seen a game someone made with bb and it was about defending earth from incoming asteroids or something. In it, player is able to spin around the planet in any direct and block asteroids from hitting.

4. clin407

clin407 Boxer

What were the controls? If it was just move right and left (with no jump), you should be able to do it based off what I said above.

5. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Yah no jump. Just move player around the planet in any direction...then when asteroid hit player it blocked it from hitting earth. But all you did was push left, player would move left circling planet until you hit right, then player would go other direction. I'll try what you said if I can figure it out.

6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

no matter what i do in control ball will keep going same direction. when adding controls it just makes ball speed up. but not stop and hit left for left and right for right. im trying to find that game i seen to show an example.

7. clin407

clin407 Boxer

8. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

haha yes! thanks bud. now ill poke around and see how you did it.

9. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

ahhhh i see. MULTIPLY....and EVENT, i had them wrong.

10. clin407

clin407 Boxer

Take a look at the advanced move components. There's the default one that moves on start (rotating counter clockwise), then two additional advanced moves attach to the character buttons I put in the gamefield UI. The right move basically just multiplies the angular velocity which should reverse its direction and the left move basically just moves as the default advanced move. If you want to change the speed, just modify the 2 in angular velocity (higher = faster).

AppNasty likes this.
  11. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

gotcha. now heres a question....what if i want t make the circle BIGGER. in this case we will say the PLANET. like make it 5x bigger...the player still rotates as if hes on a small circle.

12. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

oh and what if i want the player to STOP when no button is pressed? versus always have to be going in whatever direction.

13. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Ok, figured it out. On default ADVANCE MOVE, uncheck ACTIVATE ON START and ACTIVATE ON RELEASE. Angular Velocity to 0. Math Op on REPLACE and even to ON START.
    Then on RIGHT MOVE, angular velocity to -2, Math Op to REPLACE. uncheck activate on release.
    Then on LEFT MOVE, uncheck activate on release, Angular Velocity to 2, Math Op to REPLACE. now you can spin around freely and stop when you left off screen. perfect. thanks for your help bud.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  14. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

Hi @OneHitGamer , did you found a solution for this ? I need to change the size of the rotation circle.
    also need to know how to change the scene.

AppNasty likes this.
  15. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Don't know what you mean by change the scene. But as for having your player circle a bigger circle/planet etc...it seems to lay within velocity angles.

EZKad likes this.
  16. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

What do you mean by Velocity angles ? are you speaking about Angular velocity in the advanced move component ? when I change it it only affect the speed .

About the scene change, I want to "teleport" the player to the next scen when he make a complete circle

17. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

18. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

i think its all in the angular etc. balancing them out so the character is more wide moving and not close.

19. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

No, that's not the case @OneHitGamer. I probably wasn't clear in my response #17 above, as I wasn't asking about the angular velocity, I was confirming to you that it only changes the characters speed and nothing else. I should have tagged you in it to be clearer, but as I mentioned above, @dusan20002 hit the nail on the head in the thread I linked to, follow that, it works fine.

energizerlithium and AppNasty like this.
  20. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Ahhh yah this isnt the dev account as the owner of the license we use has the rights to go into those forums. i dont. i really need to get his login lol. he just pays for the license...i create.