Apk Crashes When Using Encryption

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by anonymos7, Sep 4, 2017.

1. anonymos7

anonymos7 Boxer

Hi guys,
    i'm using buildbox 2.2.9 it works fine but i have a big problem
    when i check Using Encryption , the apk crash on startup
    when i uncheck Using Encryption the game works fine without any problems
    one of my games has been hacked because i don't use encryption , i have to use it now but i can't.
    am i the only one who's having this problem ?? i'm getting paranoid .

2. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Same here, i was about to open a new thread to find a solution for this issue .

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Doesn't happen here. It might be a memory issue? On what device are you testing? My game is even running on a cheap Samsung phone and takes ages to load, but it doesn't crash. Have you cleaned your game with all the optimizations from within Buildbox? If you already have done everything, then probably it is best to send support your bbdoc so they can try to export and run it themselves on a device. This way you'll know if it is your game that is making trouble or maybe your Buildbox setup.

ramiucef likes this.
  4. anonymos7

anonymos7 Boxer

Hi thank you for your reply ,
    I have tried it on several devices (Samsung Galaxy J5, J1 and the Note 3) they all have different versions of android but it's always the same problem, can you please tell us if you're using Eclipse or Android Studio ? JDK version , API ? what devices you used to test ?

5. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

I'm testing games using Samsung Galaxy s7, so it shouldn't be a memory issue, i awlays do optimisation for all my games, but everytimemy apk crash when using encryption option.

Maybe there is a possiblity that using convert to clone feature can cause this problem with encryption ? have not tried any game without convert to clone yet, but i don't think that's the problem ...

Christoph likes this.
  6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Convert to clones seems to have problems with linked objects. For example I have objects linked to actions. If I clone these objects then it creates a 'ghost' link. Definitely worth to look at. Try to build without cloning at all and see if it still crashes. My game works with global clones on and encryption.

I use a Samsung Galaxy J1 @anonymos7 . I use Eclipse that's for sure. Do you use Android Studio? Basically I use everything that Buildbox recommends to use. Nothing out of the usual. Do you?