Any Old Project Mayhem Diehards Here? Slow Move Runner In Bb2?

Discussion in 'Gameplay' started by Phill Mason, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Anyone know which template is similar to the old Slow Move Runner from Project Mayhem? I've tried the basic runner and bounce, but neither are like the old PM preset. Also had a play around with bounce dynamics, but not happy with what I've come up with. I'm probably missing some obvious settings, but thought if someone knows which preset is a similar starting point, that would save me some time.

Apple sent me a message in the Resolution Centre saying, I hadn't update an old game and it will be removed if not updated within 30 days. Not had that before on any of my old games from 2013/2014, but it's a PM built game I'm looking to bring up-to-date in BB2. Thanks.

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

They are making sure everything in the store is fresh and cared for. I think they started doing this to some extent in the last 6 months (among other things).

Honestly, I don't even remember what the slow move runner was, any video of that gameplay around? :)

3. Phill Mason

I know the app store is having a bit of a cull (which is great to filter out some crap) and old apps (to which I'm very guilty) :) I think this one got flagged amongst my other 20+ apps from around the same age, because it's an Easter themed app.

Sorry, no video of this one, but here's the link and some screenshots. Easter Bunny Hop 2.
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/easter-bunny-hop-2-dont-crush/id865308011?mt=8

The gameplay is auto bounce and when you tap the screen you move forward to collect coins and avoid objects. I'm currently checking revenue on this one to see if it's worthy of an update or not :) I'm sure I can get something close in BB, I was just being lazy by asking here.

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Ah, so the same gameplay as Phases?

5. Phill Mason

Yes, correct @Andy, I had to just go and download it again to check, hadn't played it in a while and couldn't remember :) Yes the same movement for sure.

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Use the Jumping preset and change the game direction and game frame to alter the scrolling direction. Otherwise, it's exactly what you need.

7. Phill Mason

Nailed it, cheers @Andy, I was looking in a completely different direction. You've just saved me some time bud, cheers :)

You're certainly racking up some pints - if we ever meet.....thanks again.

Christoph likes this.
  8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I can taste the Fuller's London Pride already.

SuperVudu, Christoph and Phill Mason like this.
  9. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Reminds me I need to update my devCalc Pro, my calculator app. It is not BuildBox but similar problem when you have old Xcode project that is not directly work with the new one. Plus probably lost some of the art work :/

So you need to recreate your game in BuildBox? Does it worth the effort?

Phill Mason likes this.
  10. Phill Mason

This one is worth it for me, as it still creates revenue, so updating in BB will be quick and simple (if I resist the temptation to change it too much). But, I do have other apps from yester-year that I won't bother to update, if they're no longer seem relevant to current gamers, or the revenue generated is not worth the time to update it.

trudnai likes this.
  11. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Famous last words :) But hopefully you would not have too much trouble with that. Should be way easier than updating a pure Xcode project anyways. But yeah, this is also a great opportunity to add some updates that can refresh your game and give you new players.

Phill Mason likes this.
  12. Phill Mason

Ha, ha :) you know what I mean.....

trudnai likes this.