Any Old Gamers Here? Your Favorite Retro Game Soundtrack?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by volcank, Mar 15, 2017.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi everyone? Just wanted to start this thread for fun and also to share our inspirations. What is your favorite old time game and its soundtrack. For me it has always been Turrican Series and especially Turrican 2 by Factor 5. The composer for me is Chris Huelsbeck and I think he is genius in music making. I still listen to the soundtrack when making games even tough I am aware it might sound geeky 0_0 :D :D :D So here it is and I wonder if there are any old gamers here.

Phoebe likes this.
  2. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

tom&jerry

;)

volcank likes this.
  3. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

F**k yeah! ;)

volcank likes this.
  4. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Cool! I remember I have played it loong time ago :)

5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Cool tune! Didn't know this. I remember playing doom2 in my first PC! Have been away from Doom Series. Resident Evil have just got me by the hook for a long time.

6. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Another World - music was only in cut scenes as I can see right now but I've remembered that I liked it a lot, the game as well :)

By the way I don't like most of old school arcade games and 8-bit music ;)
    I used to play adventure games mostly or FPP shooters :D

volcank likes this.
  7. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Oh man, I loved it a lot! The game as well!

volcank likes this.
  8. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Another World was great I remember I finished this game in Amiga also later when it came to iPads. This was a legend game. Thank you for sharing. I remember this music was in the opening. I like all kinds of gaming arcade also adventure games. Lucasarts Games were great during its time. I have played and completed Monkey Island Series, Indiana Jones, Day Of The Tentacle you name it :)

Astro Games likes this.
  9. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yes this was a breakthrough in Graphics and Music. I also love the second one. Beast 2. I think its music is more eerie and mystic.

btw check this out they have a PS4 version LOL :D

Astro Games likes this.
  10. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Yeah, great titles from Lucasarts, I've started with Zak McKracken, quite weird game ;) Never played Manic Mansion unfortunately but as far as I know it would be too hard to understand language these times for me. BTW I've learned English from games mostly, was playing with dictionary on my table :) I've played Beast 2 too of course :)

volcank likes this.
  11. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

I finished all of them almost Maniac Mansione Zak and yes I also almost learned English from most of them. I had the dictionary on my table also. :) They always pushed me. And yes do you remember the game LOOM The one you make magic with musical notes. That game had a great story line by LucasArts. And Fate of Atlantis and Last Crusade were the 2 great ones. You were in the movie almost. Good Old Days.

Astro Games likes this.
  12. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Loom, yes, another great title, thanks for reminder. I've missed Fate of Atlantis and Last Crusade, last game I was playing around was Grim Fandango I suppose. So, we must be in similar age, bro! ;)

You've probably seen this, another great game with brilliant music.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    volcank likes this.
  13. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yes I remember this one but never played it to tell the truth LOL! :) Grim Fandango was another one I remember I think I played it a long time. Btw my favorite first time game was always Rick Dangerous, North and South and Silk Worm. They were rocking. But I have to admit I am 40 years old now. So my first ever game was manic miner in ZX spectrum. This was like WOW at that time for me. Btw it has a very good logic. I heard this was the first time the programmer who made the game "Matthew Smith" could loop the music. So there was a loopable music for the first time in Spectrum.

Astro Games likes this.
  14. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

There is 2nd part of the The Neverhood, or it was going to be produced by crowfunding lastly as far as I remember.
    Oh man, I spent lots of hours playing Rick Dangerous, one of few platformers I've ever liked. You've nailed it! I was right about the age lol, we come from Stone Age :D I've started from Atari ST but played few titles with my friends on theirs ZX Spectrums or Atari XT (or sth).
    I also liked Rampart (?) shooting to the castle of your enemy (or friend in multiplayer mode), huh, Angry Birds is based on this in some way when I think about it, but it had no dynamics, to heavy too handle these days I think.
    I can't resist music like Manic Miner, sorry ;) But I can imagine it was a huge WOW those days :)
    Yeah, old times - good times :)

volcank likes this.
  15. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

No worries I can't resist either! It is nerve wrecking! LOL! I don't remember Rampart unfortunately but still it should be a good one. Yes it was WOW until Giana Sisters came out! Do you remember it. IT had great music as well. If was my second platformer and I played that in Commodore 64 in those days. IT was such a great game. Remember breaking some Old school joysticks with that. Quickshots! :)

Astro Games likes this.
  16. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Sure I remember Giana Sisters :) I've borrowed Commoder 64 for few months :) And the same, few joysticks wrecked lol

17. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

I have make a Remake for my kids and me ;) but i havent Release it

volcank likes this.
  18. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

volcank and Astro Games like this.
  19. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Cool! It rocks! :)

20. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer