Announcing Buildbox Publishing

Discussion in 'Buildbox Publishing' started by TreySmith, Oct 28, 2015.

1. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Hi Guys,

I just put a blog post up here with the official announcement of Buildbox publishing. We're really excited about this program and have an amazing line-up for the first month.

Each week, Aaron and the Buildbox Publishing team will be posting details here about the games we release. Also, if you have any questions feel free to post them here for official answers.

Thanks

2. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Awesome :D

3. Zoietesheira

Zoietesheira Boxer

Submitted my game. It was accepted. Removed my game from the app store and emailed the Buildbox file. No one contacted me for 4 weeks.
    Finally, someone contacted me to saying that they're busy, they like the foundation, reskin the game and send it back again.
    I agreed but I felt like I wasted time waiting, the game was making money, and you have the completed game file now.

4. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

This is going to be amazing. Good luck @TreySmith and all the BB team with the launch of Buildbox Publishing :)

5. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

@Zoletesheira I just read through the full support thread and I can totally see why you are frustrated. It was not handled correctly and I have made changes to our system so this does not happen again. The truth is we had 85 customers apply in a single week when we privately announced Buildbox Publishing and somehow your email got lost in the shuffle. I am having Aaron reach out to you. Thanks.

Jamie, stevinz, AndyG and 1 other person like this.
  6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

With 85 customers, what is approximately the waiting time for a release if a game is accepted? One per week = ~1.5 years?
    And no possibility to apply with a game made with the Buildbox trial, right? Even if it is really really awesome?

7. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Hello Trey Smith , i had sent you a Very Important Message via the contact form , i hope you get that

Greeting .

8. Zoietesheira

Zoietesheira Boxer

@TreySmith , Aaron has reached out to me and everything is moving forward now.
    Thank you and the Buildbox team for such a quick response with this issue.

9. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Awesome, great to hear @Zoietesheira

@ramlucef, I do not have private messages enabled, but email natalie@buildbox.com and she can assist. If you have already done so, she will bring it to my attention.

85 was the number of submissions, not the amount we accepted. Also, many of the ones that did past stage one are not ready to release. If someone submitted an amazing game that was fully complete and ready to go, it could be live in as little as 6 weeks

This is exclusively for customers. We want to reward our customers and spend our resources helping them achieve their goals. We put a lot more into this with most publishers. Things like creating additional art work for them, , helping them tweak level design and more. Even if someone had a great trial game, we would not be able to publish unless they were an active customer.

10. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

@TreySmith So how many games is BB Publishing going to release per week?

11. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Thanks, already contacted Natalie , Good luck Trey ;)

12. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

I submitted a video preview of a game to support that I have almost completed. Hope you guys like it.

13. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

I posted a reply like this on buildbox publishing page but think its better suited for the forums (I didn't know this forum thread had opened :( , (hopefully that one can be deleted).

First off, I absolutely love buildbox!!! Thinking about it at the 3,000 ft level you might want to make it once a month (instead of once a week)? And the reason (tough to explain) is because of the quality of games in that time frame may not be as strong or as prominent, meaning Id much rather see the best of the best out of a month than out of a week because if you don’t get something thats really worthwhile (good) in that timeframe (every week) than you would have to select something thats subpar and after selecting or having intervals of subpar games the… devaluation of buildbox submitting truly good games would be weakened which in turn weakens the success of truly great games because the image could diminish, which would hurt us and you.

Long story short I believe a longer interval in the selection process would be more advantageous for both of us. (and I hate giving negative sounding opinions but if it helps us all... I consider it positive, feedback) Any thoughts?

P.S. Congratulations Darthy for being the first selected !!! (hopefully Im not too far behind you) :D

Sincerely,
    Michael

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  14. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

@ajcoryat Thats exactly what I did too. Once my ticket was open they closed it immediately. I don't know if they accept previews at the moment :p

15. aqeeliqbal

aqeeliqbal Boxer

it would be great if Buildbox publishers notify developers whether their games are accepted or not (both cases)

16. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

17. iappreneur

iappreneur Boxer

Hey Trey Smith ,first of all im so excited to hear this Great news about BB Publishing.Congrats to you and the Buildbox Team for this wonderful initiative its a great way to Give a motivation to all of the BB customers,that the Opportunity is on the Gate now:) and its a huge Contribution from your'e side:)

18. lauro_sousa

lauro_sousa Boxer

Dear Trey,
    How can i do to submmit a game made with buildbox to be published by Buildbox Publishing ?

19. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

20. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

@lauro_sousa
    Simply email support@buildbox.com with a video and 3 screenshots of your game. You have to be an active Buildbox customer. You are allowed to submit as many games as you like and as @AndyG pointed out there is a link to the publishing page.

Sean Buildbox likes this.