Android Studio - Build Errors

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Doomsayer, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Doomsayer

Doomsayer Boxer

Hi All

I have successfully built my iOS app - although there are some issues I am sorting out

I'm building the APK now with android studio in order to publish to google play store - but the build fails

I have removed all ads and I made all the menus as 'jump back' just in case it is the same issue as I am experiencing in iOS

This is the screenshot I receive - please keep in mind I am a graphics guy / not a techie (which is why I am using buildbox - who knew I had to sort this sort of BS) - so, comments as easy and bullet pointed as possible will be appreciated - and all help is appreciated too!

PS> if someone does the formatting and submission to IOS / Android for a fee, I will gladly look at a quote - this part is the most tedious of all :(

[​IMG]

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

take a look at this thread and try the steps

3. Doomsayer

Doomsayer Boxer

Heya SpicedBean - thanks for that! Seemed to have worked

Now it is giving me the following warnings - can I ignore these and go ahead with pushing the APK? I obviously don't understand what any of this means :D

Warning 1:
    Configuration 'compile' is obsolete and has been replaced with 'implementation' and 'api'.
    It will be removed at the end of 2018. For more information see: http://d.android.com/r/tools/update-dependency-configurations.html

Warning 2:
    The targetSdk version should not be declared in the android manifest file. You can move the version from the manifest to the defaultConfig in the build.gradle file.

4. Doomsayer

Doomsayer Boxer

I decided to test Android studio with just a generic Example game - so, I chose one on BB and exported it

I followed the steps above and it builds fine

But when installing to an emulator it says the following - is there a recommended virtual device I should be using?

[​IMG]

5. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I dont have any experience of installing to an emulator. Do you have an android device you can deploy to? If you plug in your phone via USB, it should deploy to that device

6. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

@Doomsayer Application installation failed error is due to low space/memory.Try to expand it.It also happens on real device even when there is no similar app installed.Try to uninstall if there is any and proceed.

7. Serryhoofd

Serryhoofd Boxer

@Doomsayer Did you already found a solution with the 2 warnings? I have the same problem with my game.