An Introduction Camera Sweep Node I'm Working On

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by PunkPuffin, Apr 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

Here is a node I've been working on to do do a Camera Sweep of the scene before the game starts.

It works by making the camera follow a curve generated from points provided. It also creates another curve from specified points and uses this for the look at point. The camera will move around the curve and look along the look at curve over a specified time period. Below are a couple of examples. One showing it with a BB3 template and one showing of some cars in my game I'm working on.

What do people think?

2. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

WOW thats cool!

3. landofgreendev

landofgreendev Boxer

@PunkPuffin This is similar to what I am trying to do! I have a main menu with a world running behind it (where the camera is at an angle) and when I press 'play' I am trying to get the camera to move into a specific position with a 'sweeping' motion.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  4. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

If you can PM me with a BBDOC I can let you know bit I need to know what your UI and nodes are doing and how they time in with pressing play really.

5. landofgreendev

landofgreendev Boxer

Is the camera sweep a node? Or is it an animation? I'm very happy doing it myself, just not sure where to start ahah :)

6. appiteca

appiteca Boxer