Amazon anyone?

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by ajcoryat, Nov 4, 2015.

1. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

I'm seeing a lot of games going to GooglePlay, what about Amazon? Is anyone submitting there?

ruhm64 and colette_levesque like this.
  2. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

As soon as my Android freeze and "Unfortunately" issues are addressed and hopefully fixed by BB support gurus I will be there releasing apps. I am registered there as well as Windows Marketplace. Just waiting...

ajcoryat likes this.
  3. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

OK, I finally got my first app submitted to the Amazon App Store, waiting on approval. It was really easy. I followed this video, given on the Amazon Dev site, on YouTube and everything is basically copy and paste from the Google Play Store listing. Only the 2011 Fires were incompatible which means you just untick that box. Haven't ventured into the Fire TV yet. Going to check that out after Christmas.

mark and Christoph like this.
  4. mark

mark Boxer

@ruhm64 Hey so did you use the same APK from your google play app? What I did was create a new APK with my new Advertisement settings and amazon links for sharing and review. So if im wrong here then please correct me, but you still need to create a DIFFERENT apk for the Amazon version. That would be the only thing from the video that you shared that doesnt entirely make sense to me :)

c3p1creations likes this.
  5. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

What's up Mark, I used the exact same APK for Google and Amazon. Mine was a 99 cent app, no ads. I would assume if you have an ad platform it would carry over the same.

6. mark

mark Boxer

Hey @ruhm64 , that makes sense, but I just want to make sure this is the correct process for Freemium. (Andy @Andy could you confirm here?) There has to be a reason that you export an Amazon version of your BB game right? I know all of the IAP ids are the same, but the advertisement section is quite different from Play to Amazon. Big thing being there are no AdMob banners, which are a staple of our BB games. They monetize better than interstitials on our portrait games.

c3p1creations and ruhm64 like this.
  7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

The biggest difference is support for Leaderboard and IAP. Amazon Export uses Game Circle and Google Play Export uses Google Game Services. Amazon IAP is completely different method inside the APK. Also, not all advertising that supports Google Play is supported by Amazon.

As long as you are not using features that don't work on Amazon you could theoretically use the Google Play APK. They are both Android and essentially Identical.

c3p1creations, mark and ruhm64 like this.
  8. mark

mark Boxer

@Andy Thanks that was helpful. Just to share some insight since putting a game in last week since it might be of help to others -- I'm not sure that Applovin actually works or provides any impressions in your Amazon game. What is the next possible "banner ad" company I could use. Just updated with Chartboost at interstitial and that works just fine

Also, if anyone else gets confused with in-app items.. make sure you put the bundle ID of your IAP that you've included in buildbox in the area called "SKU" in the Amazon Developer website. I had actually entered a whole number value for the SKU and was wondering why the IAPs weren't working. Otherwise its pretty simple.

Also, had to take Heyzap rewarded video out. Seems like it only works on iOS? Google Play it causes crashes on our games. Any other experiences or helpful tips out there with Heyzap?

c3p1creations and ruhm64 like this.
  9. niconaks_canta

niconaks_canta Boxer