Am I allowed to publish games made in the trial version of Buildbox 2

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by KB Games, Jun 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KB Games

KB Games Boxer

Thanks for the help.

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Nope. There are no export modules in the trial as far as I know... or are there? If not you would need to buy or to partner up with someone that already has.

3. KB Games

KB Games Boxer

So if I have permission from the person who bought Buildbox, I would be able to make a game and publish it under my company name.

4. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

Oh I have seen this before...a fine line here.

How about lets just have one person pay for the software and everyone else just publish through them.

Seems legit...before you know it the files will not be able to be opened unless generated on the same PC or Mac...have an active membership subscription...connected to the server and facing north.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    iAttemptToMakeGames likes this.
  5. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

I remember you can, Or did they changed the trial rules ?

6. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

you can make your game with BB 2 trial and have someone who have current subscription to export it for you.

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This should be possible. There is no way it can be made illegal. There are even publishers that will ask for your bbdoc. You are free to do what ever you please with your own work. The tricky part is rather how to find a publisher who will export it for you so you can publish it on your own account. Doesn't make any sense to me. And it's not that you will export your game only once. There are beta versions, you need to check it on different devices, you will have updates you will want to see if things work on devices and other scenarios I can't think of just now. Nobody serious will have this time available just that you can publish it on your own later... at least I wouldn't. Maybe if you were a close friend and can come by to work at night on my computer but that's completely different again.

KB Games, telerebor and Ishamahes like this.
  8. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

Hmmmm so if BB is ok with having someone who did pay export a game.....then why is it not part of the trial version ? Why am I having to pay for BB ?

Seems fair enough, apparently, to just use the software free and get a paying customer to do it for you....I assume also for free...that way you get everything for free. That's brilliant !

9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

OK guys let's be clear. This is a valid question so I won't delete the thread, but I am locking it.

Each Buildbox user needs to have a license. This license needs to be purchased from us and allows that user unlimited use of the software, export abilities and uploads. As according to our End User License Agreement, users are not allowed to share their licenses with other users.

The Buildbox demo is created for users to test the software out before purchasing. Users are not allowed to upload games made with the demo unless they are purchasers or subscribers with a full license.

@KB Games What you are asking is absolutely not allowed.

Ishamahes and Qdeveloper like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.