Advice On Submitting Proper Crash Reports?

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Snozzberry, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Avid Boxer

I just want to know that what I am doing is being helpful. Is there any specific advice that the BB team could give us on reporting the crashes so that you can better resolve the issues? I find myself sometimes getting frustrated to the point that I do not want to type anything out and just get BB3 back up and try to get ahead again.

It would be nice to know what information you are collecting. If I hit "send crash report" without typing anything do you guys still get an idea of what's going on since it is sending you the data? Also, if I am experiencing the same crash over and over, do you want me to type the same info in over and over again or do you guys get the idea?

This error in the screenshot below happens every time that I try to edit the png gradient. It worked once, but it crashed shortly after. I just thought I'd ask to see if maybe you could make a FAQ or something about what you guys need to get better data to fix these issues.

[​IMG]

2. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

As far as I was told the crash reports don't end up with anyone currently.

3. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

When it comes down to crash reports, as much information possible is best. Generally there is a variable when a user experiences a crash and by finding out that information, we could work to eliminate that variable.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  4. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

This, definitely send as much detail as possible. Example bbdoc, any common trends or repeatable steps so we can narrow it down ;)