Advanced Move And Gravity Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by wesam_badr, Oct 21, 2016.

1. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

i have a problem with gravity when you use it a side with advanced move
    World Gravity effect heavly in characters and all object in the scene especially physics objects
    i want to make a game like the pit but if you want to use advanced move you will need to set world gravity to 0 and that what effect character and all other objects used in the games specially physics objects that wont fall anymore and keep floating around however if you use regular gravity with advanced move it wont work properly. anyone have the same problem.

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yep. If you use ghost jump gravity needs to be turned off. No physics objects possible unfortunately. Ghost jump is very limited. Basically what you see in The Pit is what is possible with it. Gameplay wise.

3. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

I think the pit is like sky its was made with an other BB 2 prototype and that make me a bit frustrated as we sill dont have this features that was already used into this two games as the pit also use advanced move to slide and ghost jump but also use world gravity that what affect the character and make it fall as well as objects like the wooden bridge that fall at collision and chainsaw particle dust etc...

So after all i dont think this is a bug but an other missing feature. @Andy

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I don't think The Pit has physics. The falling bridge can be simulated with linear velocity.

A couple of weeks back I did a template for a fellow boxer and set up The Pit in a 2D world. It has the exact same features. Slide and jump. The bridge. And what not.

If you insist I would have to check the game again. :cool: