Advanced Move 3.0+

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Braydo17, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Braydo17

Braydo17 Boxer

I've been looking at making an object bounce between two locations along the x axis, To attempt this i created 3 objects. 2 of these objects as boundaries and 1 object to move between the boundaries.

However i can't seem to get the advanced move to create a collision which turns the direction of the object around. Is this possible with just objects? Most of the forum posts surrounding this seem to be older then 3.0 and seem to use different method to whats currently implemented with the default advanced move.

any help will be appreciated

2. Sarcas

Sarcas Boxer

I am wondering the same thing, it was really easy in BB2, but i also couldnt figure out that. Did you get any help or did you solve that issue? If so could you explain how did you manage to solve that problem.

Thanks in advance

3. Sarcas

Sarcas Boxer

I kinda solve it. The way i did it

I give an initial move (like +3 x coordinates),
    and put an invisible object on the path of my object. Add advanced movement and give -6 x coordinate velocity when they collide.
    this is the first part so when my object hits the invisible object it goes backwards.
    First i couldnt manage to make it a sling motion. but then i saw a timeout in advance move. So i give 2.5 for it (you can change it)

So now, it starts to move with 3 +x velocity, when it collides it gain -6 x velocity which makes total velocity 3 -x. And after 2.5 seconds advanced move timed out and the velocity of the object becomes 3 +x again

I hope it helps