[Advance Move Question]

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Jayson, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Jayson

Jayson Boxer

Specifically, how was the control scheme on the pit achieved using Advanced Move?
    I have been trying to emulate it with no success. :(

The Pit was great by the way. I'm sure it will beat the top charts again.

2. dan_counsell

dan_counsell Avid Boxer

I've also had no luck with Advanced Move, unsure if it's not working yet or we're just "doing it wrong"… Some tutorial videos would really, really help here :)

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

You need to add "Character Button" in UI and change Action to "Component Action". I'm guessing that is the piece you are missing.

4. pfg215

pfg215 Avid Boxer

I think some tutorial videos on a lot of things would help a bunch here, I'm starting to feel lost :oops: But I do love the depth in changes, I just have to learn them.

5. Jayson

Jayson Boxer

@Andy thanks, but I am not missing the character component button.

Here's the thing so far:

I have the char component button. I press it and I can perform the advance move on my character. Sample, slide.

However, upon release, the default animation sprite for the character disappears. What's left is the default collision shape.

And how does the character in the pit jumps upon "release".

I tried Ghost jump but it seems to be a shortcut to Buildbox Crash.exe for now :)

Nick H and rokkeds like this.
  6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@Jayson at this point it becomes slightly more difficult to help through the forum, I'd suggest send an example BBDOC to support@buildbox.com and we can go deeper into this if needed.

7. vasjav1

vasjav1 Boxer

Hi Andy,
    Definitely we need detail tutorial of how to use new features and game play settings, otherwise we are wasting lot of time to just to figure out how it works..

8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Tutorials are coming. Part of the point with early access is to find out what the community needs so we can make sure it's available for the official launch. Early access users will have access to documentation as it becomes available.