Admob

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by sharma.shivam, Jan 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. sharma.shivam

sharma.shivam Avid Boxer

hello,
    this is not actually a buildbox question but is related to it.i saw this on my admob account today.

"Beginning on 23 Jan 2018, Google Mobile Ads SDK versions older than 7.0.0 for Android and 7.0.0 for iOS will no longer be supported. Publishers with these older versions will not be able to serve ads in their apps(s). Please ensure that you have upgraded to the latest version of the Google Mobile Ads SDK."

so exporting the bbdoc file do we need to make any changes in eclipse?

thank you :)

2. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Well Version 7.0 was released in February 2015, So I imagine all BB2 exports have a version much higher than this.

It’s best to ask Support or @Andy for confirmation though.

3. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Admob is not a problem, it is currently updated.

The problem is with the new API level (currently API 23).

"August 2018: New apps required to target API level 26 (Android 8.0) or higher.

November 2018: Updates to existing apps required to target API level 26 or higher.

2019 onwards: Each year the targetSdkVersion requirement will advance. Within one year following each Android dessert release, new apps and app updates will need to target the corresponding API level or higher. "

Also indicate that it will be mandatory to have the game in 64bits by 2019.
    64-bit support requirement in 2019

I hope they do not make the new updates 1 week before the deadline, as happened with the LibPNG problem.

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

iOS is 7.14 at least, Android should be similar. We'll definitely verify this though.

BB 2.3+ is already using API 26