Adding Interstitial Ads Broke My Music On Ios

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Ethan Feldman, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Ethan Feldman

Ethan Feldman Boxer

Hi there! So I added an AdMob interstitial ad to my game, that shows up after Gave Over, with a frequency of 5. It worked fine, but I noticed that when I launch my game now on my iPhone, the background music will play for a second, then cuts out. If I toggle the mute switch off and on again, it plays fine, it's just on the initial game load where it breaks. I went into settings and removed the interstitial id, that was all I changed, rebuilt, and now the bug is gone. Is there a way to work around this? Like simulate a click on the audio button off and on when the game loads. I have the sound attached to my main menu ui, not the start screen. I wanted to have interstitial ads, but I don't want the game to be broken because of it. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  2. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

I have reported this bug and sent a sample file to support already on this, it didn’t make the last release but I was told it is a priority and being worked on.
    The error actually seems to happen due to the Consent check, it checks every time, Invisibly once the initial check has been done, and isn’t properly releasing the sound after the check. I am sure support will get this fixed soon.
    As of now, placing two full screen size invisible objects with touch through enabled that toggles sound on off when screen touch is the only mechanism that fixes it. Better to wait for the next release in my opinion.
    I suggest you also send this information to support via email so it is evident that is not a one shot deal.

3. Ethan Feldman

Ethan Feldman Boxer

Thank you for the reply. Do you have an example of how that works?

4. Ethan Feldman

Ethan Feldman Boxer

I guess I could just add the music to the beginning of the game itself so it starts after the main menu.

5. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Ethan Feldman likes this.
  6. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

You could, but placing it in a menu causes the background music to interrupt and restart, placing the background music in the Start node causes it to do a seamless loop and does not get interrupted if done right.

7. Ethan Feldman

Ethan Feldman Boxer

Thank you!

8. Ethan Feldman

Ethan Feldman Boxer

Just implemented it, it works, thanks! I can use this as a work around until the new version comes out that addresses the issue, thanks.

9. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Awesome, glad it helped.