Adding In-app Purchases To Already Existing Ones

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by defonten, Dec 9, 2016.

1. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Hey folks,

I'm really stuck in Itunes Connect.. I have a game with a few consumable IAPs like "lives" which enable player to return to game without losing their score. And now I want to add an IAP for New character. So I have everything set up in BB and created additional Non-Consumable IAP in Itunes Connect's "In-App purchases" section. The problem is Apple for some reason won't approve this IAP saying the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In-App Purchase - New Business Model

We have begun the review of your in-app purchase(s) but aren't able to continue because your submitted in-app purchase(s) indicate a change of business model for your app. Therefore, we need to verify the implementation of your submitted in-app purchase(s) in the app to ensure your app, and its in-app purchase(s), are in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Next Steps

Please upload a new binary for review and resubmit your in-app purchase(s) with the binary so that we can continue the review.

I have submitted new binaries twice already and still getting this warning.. What does it mean - new business model? I'm just adding a non consumable IAP for new advanced character. Any help and advice would be much appreciated!

2. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

So nobody came across this?

3. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I haven't personally seen this. But I was having trouble getting an App approved a few months back.
    In the end, I gave the App a new Bundle ID and resubmitted it under a slightly new name and it went straight though.

But before you do this, I recommend reading the App Store Review Guidelines you linked.
    Under Section 3. Business, it says "There are many ways to monetize your app on the App Store. If your business model isn’t obvious, make sure to explain in its metadata and App Review notes. If we can’t understand how your app works or your in-app purchases aren’t immediately obvious, it will delay your review and may trigger a rejection."

Maybe the reviewer is having a hard time locating your IAP or understanding what it does?
    Make sure you write in-depth notes and provide a screenshot that clearly shows where the IAP button is located.
    Also include in your notes where the restore button is located so the reviewer can find it easily.

Other things you could double check is that you're using the correct tier and purchasability type.
    Apple won't approve a new Character if you want your users to pay an unreasonable amount.

I know it sounds obvious, but clearly start that the Character is a Non-Consumable, which differ from your "lives" that are already included as Consumable.

Sometimes you just get a reviewer which may miss these little details.

Good luck.

defonten likes this.
  4. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

Sometimes you get a reviewer that woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Three days ago I submitted a paid app with its own in-game currency to buy in-game items, zero IAP and it was rejected. TBH, I responded with a reply and resubmitted the same binary explaining the obvious, and yes I used the word obvious. It was approved.

The experience is not like it used to be.

defonten likes this.
  5. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

I wonder how do you do that :D

6. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I also had a similar experience to this, where I had 15 Unlockable Characters.
    13 could be unlocked with In-Game Currency and the other 2 were IAPs for Tier 1 prices.
    My app was rejected because my game only had 2 IAP IDs. The reviewer said 13 IAPs were invalid because no IDs were assigned.

I went on to clearly state that the other 13 don't require ID's as they use In-Game currency, supplied a new screenshot and the App went live later that day without submitting a new binary.

It's great that real people review apps. Unfortunately it means some make tiny mistakes some times.

defonten likes this.
  7. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Explanation is the solution here.
    If you don't have IAP of that kind and upload new binary with new kind of IAP it means you change the business model and nobody on the other side of the wire is going to guess what's changed but wants to hear it from you. That's all folks :)

8. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Emm.. with checkpoints.. how else?

9. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Awright I will try describe this IAP more precisely! Thanks!

10. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

that i know,but the score ?

11. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Let us know how you get on :D
    I think there's only a couple of days left to submit before Christmas.
    I had an Update approved today. It was in review for 7minutes haha. They must be pushing as many through as possible :D

12. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Got rejected again.

13. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

What did they say this time?

14. oni3350

oni3350 Boxer

Lol I once had mine rejected because "a navigation button wasn't working"

When it was clear that the user had to collect 350 coins to purchase the world to be unlocked with in game currency.

I resubmitted with this clear explanation and it was approved.

So I see sometimes, the reviewers miss things or are just silly :p

15. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

I think they are just overloaded with massive amount of incoming apps and don't want to waste time trying to guess what's on developers mind what can be easily described to become obvious for anyone.

16. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

They keep messing with my brain with the same shit:

In-App Purchase - New Business Model

We have begun the review of your in-app purchase(s) but aren't able to continue because your submitted in-app purchase(s) indicate a change of business model for your app. Therefore, we need to verify the implementation of your submitted in-app purchase(s) in the app to ensure your app, and its in-app purchase(s), are in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Next Steps

Please upload a new binary for review and resubmit your in-app purchase(s) with the binary so that we can continue the review.

I uploaded new binaries twice already..

17. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

What exactly are you writing for each IAP in the review notes? What tier is your IAP?
    Are you including screenshots of where the Character IAP is located?

Sorry for all the questions, but the more we know, the easier it might be to figure out what you need to change :)

18. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

hey @Sam_Aaro , well I'm just writing in the notes field that this IAP is for double jump enabled character. And I'm also supplying a collage of screenshots portraying how to get to this IAP in game.. Using Tier1. They keep rejecting it with the same m. f***ing warning "
    "In-App Purchase - New Business Model" Any ideas?!

19. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Not sure about it but maybe you start new app with new bundle id so there will be no change to the business model, right? Just for testing purposes. It also may be something completely different they didn't described properly.