Add Light on Main Menu

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by sysads, Oct 10, 2015.

1. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Hi

Is it possible to add a light effect on the main menu screen?

2. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

On the menu editor click on the "Menu Screen" box. Here you can select a level to use as a "Background Scene". On this level, in the level editor, you can create animations with objects, physics, lights, etc as you would a normal level. Make sure to mute this level (by selecting the level at the bottom of the screen and pressing "m" on the keyboard) so it doesn't show during gameplay.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  3. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

@stevinz I am not seeing any lights, all I see is Labels and Controls.

4. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

@sysads I think you may not have understood what @stevinz said. When you create a scene to use as the background for your main menu, this is the area where you make all your in game scenes. Just make a game play scene and label it "MENU" or something similar. Drag lights as you usually would for other scenes. Go to your menu lay out and highlight your start screen and pick your MENU scene as your background and you will see the lights on your main menu you dragged in. When you see that there are only labels and controls this is indicative that you are not in the scene editor but are in the menu editor for any of your menu screens. And yes as stevinz said be sure to mute your MENU scene so that it does not appear during game play.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    stevinz likes this.
  5. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

Yes, I wrote that a little confusingly. Thanks @Machine Rises for clarifying what I was trying to say. :)

6. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

Haha all good man good team work ;)

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  7. AnonymousL1f3

AnonymousL1f3 Boxer

Hi Guys, I am trying to follow what you guys are talking about, I have created my scene and have gone back into my menu layout to make it the background but cant see where to select the menu scene when I have highlighted start?

Please can you assist if you can?

Thanks so much