Activation Failed Both In My Mac And Pc

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by devillia, Apr 23, 2017.

1. devillia

devillia Boxer

Hi all,

Yesterday i purchased the BB2, i installed it on my PC, using the license key that they emailed me and after a couple of minutes and even before i go through the product i received the message that ''Activation failed, contact Customer Support''...Then i uninstalled it and i reinstall it to my MAC computer, same there too!!!

I checked my bank account number and the transaction was already been occurred. I checked on internet and here in the forum but i can't find what's wrong.

Most weird thing is that today, after i tried to uninstall and reinstall it on my PC, i received another message that i have a crack of BB2 on my computer and that i have to uninstall it first, lol, that's hilarious!!!

What the heck is going on here?? Does somebody knows how to fix this issue?? From where and how i supposed to have a crack, while the same time i purchased it from the official site?? And, at least, why isn't working even in my MAC??

I would really much appreciate if somebody can help here,

2. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

3. jjbbg2

jjbbg2 Boxer

Did the support get back to you? I purchased buildbox yesterday and my license key won't work either, very annoying. I E mailed the support twice since yesterday night but have not heard anything back.

4. devillia

devillia Boxer

No, it didn't come back yet. I have asked them for a full refund and cancellation of my subscription, i hope that they will come back with an answer as soon as possible. I live in Europe, thus there is a 6 hours difference with USA. I'm so much dissapointed and angry, i really don't understand why to sell a product while the same time you know that it's full of bugs and instabilities. And the most annoying thing is that they don't even give a trial period (one month for example) and after to start charging you...
    Let's wait and see if today will come back with a feedback.

5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

6. Deliverbo

Deliverbo Avid Boxer

I tried this but I did not find any lines with buildbox.

I did chat with Miko yesterday and he told me to delete the Modules Folder in my Library Folder. I then installed bb again, but I still get the Activation Failed message. Any other ideas?

7. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Did you check your VPN? If you have one, turn it off - Buildbox software doesnt like it. @jcalle maybe able to help too.

jcalle likes this.
  8. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Delete all content located in (Including the license file main.iblicense):
    C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\eightcell\Buildbox\com.eightcell.buildbox
    Temporarily disable the firewall.
    Verify that you are not connected by VPN.
    Delete any content from the host file
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Run BB, copy and paste the license.
    If you can not activate it, contact support to have your license restored or a new one sent (I had a license problem for a symbol in my name).

Always consult with support by email.

spicedbeangames likes this.
  9. Addhu

Addhu Boxer

This response is intended for those who end up in this thread looking for a solution for this error, while trying to install Buildbox 3.

This has got to do with the UX of email design. Buildbox sends you an email saying here are the links to download the software (in my case I got an outdated version from the link within the email) and then they mention the license key.

I installed Buildbox, uninstalled, reinstalled... just trying to get over with the activation failed error. Tried on Windows 10 as well as MacOS High Sierra.. Same issue kept coming.

Here's how it was solved.

I thought Buildbox might have mentioned some basic FAQs within the email, so I scrolled down, and then discovered Buildbox 3 links and a SEPARATE LICENSE KEY. Entered that license key and it worked all fine.

@Buildbox Perhaps you can redesign your email to show such information at the top? That's quite easy to do. If you need help with design, reach out to me and I'll be more than happy to help. :)