Action - Jump Forward

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by BB Game, Sep 24, 2016.

1. BB Game

BB Game Boxer

Hi,

I have added Mud in my game and placed a action on the mud to make my character slower when it touch it, but is it possible to make my character faster when it jumps? My character now jumps up but not forward can I make it jump faster forward?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

This would strictly come down to action placement as it would all depend on getting the collision shape of your character to touch the action that gives it more life as it exits the mud... then when it gets back down to the mud, hitting the mud action again... so on and so forth... you would need a lot of these in place because you would never know when your player is going to try to jump...

also... anywhere you see "drag" in the action's settings.. this is mud... air drag is mud when your character is in the air... rotation drag is mud for the rotation of the character, velocity drag is mud for objects affected by the physics

BB Game likes this.
  3. BB Game

BB Game Boxer

I did what you said, placed 14 action on the mud same spot but nothing different happens, it is not going faster when you jump it is still the same speed as you walk. There is a enemy chasing from behind so mud is to make you slower so the enemy catch you, to escape the mud faster you need to jump multiple times. I have added duration 2.

4. heathclose

Did you place the actions above your character's head so the mud gets reversed when they jump?

BB Game likes this.
  5. heathclose

And you have to make sure you have one that covers the height of the screen so it changes when they finally get out of the mud too

6. BB Game

BB Game Boxer

Yes it is working thanks, I think this is the only option for this.