Action button with in-game-currency to gift more coins

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Christoph, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I already wrote to Sean at support but he said that my problem is (unfortunately) an intentional behavior in Buildbox 2. No intentions to change this back whatsoever. It is NOT a bug.

I set up an action button in the game over menu to gift coins for playing more. So every third time a user dies, he gets the opportunity to click on the gift button and earn a additional 5 coins. It worked great in BB1 but in BB2 this does NOT work anymore because the action button never disappears. It just stays there and the user can earn infinite amount of coins.

I think it makes sense if the action button is set up with a real in-app purchase because you want the user to keep buying stuff, but if in game currency is used (in my game the value is "0"), it doesn't make any sense. At least not in my case. They just took away the ability to make a gift buttons at all. Why does BB2 take away possibilities instead of adding them?

Note: I tried already with the new "one time purchase" option but unfortunately the user is only able to get the gift (you already knew) 1 time. So I would have to set up literally 100 of buttons if the user keeps playing. So this option is not working for me either.

So my question to anyone here in the forum: is there a work around to still use buttons to gift coins?

2. vincelwt

vincelwt Boxer

I have the same problem here, for giving one more chance to the user by watching a video. Anybody got an idea ?

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

If you let me know your ticket number I will check into this.

4. vincelwt

vincelwt Boxer

Hey @Andy, I also opened a ticket for this issue : #47646 .

Thanks for looking into this.

5. vincelwt

vincelwt Boxer

What would be awesome is the possibility to transform a purchase button with video ad to an in-app purchase after a limit.

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

What I can do is:

1) find out why it changed from BB1 to BB2 and
    2) see what if anything can be done to restore the behavior, either in a work around or via a future code change.

The main thing I need is a simple BBDOC demonstrating the desired behavior in BB1.

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

My ticket was 47177, from all points there it was #1. I even sent a bbdoc to show the problem. Sean said:
    Being said that. In my game it's working again. I really don't know why. It seems a bug. I don't want to move anything anymore because I fear if I do it will stop working again. lol. But if I remember correctly, set up the action button as a one time purchase, then copy paste the button and delete the original. The duplicate will disappear as it should and re-appear with the frequency you set up (even if you have checked the one time purchase). @vincelwt can you check if this works with your video ads too?

8. vincelwt

vincelwt Boxer

Nop, if I set one time purchase, the button is blocked forever :/
    But are you talking about the purchase action button or the normal action button for the frequency ?

9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Thanks @Christoph I will check the BBDOC and report back later.

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

@vincelwt I'm talking about the purchase action button which you would use too if setting up a continue button or even a skip button.

11. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@vincelwt there is no way possible (that I am aware) to just give the chance to continue one time and then not give the chance later on the same game session. The only options we have are the one time purchase which is one time forever. Or using the interval to show every X amount of times.

This is separate from the main issue of the thread where the button does not disappear after being pressed.

At least this is how I am understanding this issue.

12. vincelwt

vincelwt Boxer

@Andy I really hope this feature will be considered in the feature. I ended up using intervals even if that's not really perfect.

13. saritha

saritha Boxer

Hi I set a action button in game over screen to award gift of coins. I saw some of the predefined option like session distance, session points etc.., Is there any option to awarded the player every fifth time the game over

BeeDhan likes this.