About Ketchapp Cross Promo Api Integration.

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by volcank, Apr 4, 2017.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Ok So I will only copy and paste the folder called "Fyber_AdMob_7.16.0-r1.embeddedframework" right?? Ok now seems better in your tutorial last night the pictures were only small thumbnails and I guess there was an error at the page even when I am logged in when I clicked on your attachment photo it said I needed to log in. Also when I copied the huge list I didn't find "
    #import <CoreTelephony/CoreTelephonyDefines.h>" in the list should I also include it??

Thank You

2. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

I had also an issue doing step by step with HeyZap generated wizard but had to add this part from Christophs tutorial:
    One thing was missing from generated integration wizard, part with OpenGLES so I've added it from your tutorial

3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

When I start the simulator it gives this error. Do you know what it means?

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures} span.s2 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures; color: #bb2ca2} span.s3 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures; color: #3d1d81} span.s4 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures; color: #d12f1b}

int retVal = UIApplicationMain(argc, argv, nil, @"AppController");

4. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

How bout SDK 9 I am trying with 10 should I try with 9 as well?? I will go with it and let you know how it goes.
    Update:
    I guess not I think SDK9 is for Buildbox 2.2.7 only and I am using 2.2.8 so I will pass on that for now. I feel the main problem for me is I am using XCode 7.2.1 which is the only compatible version for Yosemite 10.10.5. and My Mac is from 2010 even tough it has SSD DISK I am a bit scared to update it. I saw in forum people are updating t0 XCode 8.3 so I will wait and see maybe I might update my Mac. Besides all really great tutorial I enjoyed every bits of if while trying to eat my brains out and thanked god like triple times that I didn't study for Computer Programming! LOL! :) Thank you Cristoph Great, Detailed and Clean tutorial!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  5. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Never had such an error. In my case Test Suite wasn't loading at all with no errors.

Which networks are you using?
    In that case trying SDK 9 is good idea.
    Next thing I'd try is each network one by one, add one framework and all necessary inputs and test it step by step.

Oh, I think X-code 8.x is crucial now

Christoph and volcank like this.
  6. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

I am basically using Admob, Apploving, Unity, Vungle, Chartboost LOL! :) The build doesn't give any errors btw I can test the game in my iPAD also only not showing any errors.Yes SDK9 could be good. Do you know where we can download 2.2.7 version?? Also would it create a double licence usage if I installed 2.2.7 seperately?? Thanxx

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

You can install 10 different Buildbox version. No problem. Just drag them at first to your desktop and then name it Buildbox 2.1, Buildbox 2.2.7, Buildbox 2.2.8 and so on.

Also, you can use Buildbox 2.2.8 with SDK 9 but you have to use an old PTAHeyzap folder. You can replace it from an old export you made some months ago or simply make a new default template export and take the folder from there. Heyzap recommends to use SDK9 because it is more stable, this doesn't mean that SDK10 is not working though. So if you got errors in Xcode or Eclipse then it's because you did something wrong or missed a step.

Remember not to use too many networks either (only do so if you know your game is going to have a lot of success. Each ad network has its own threshold to withdraw your money. So if you have 100 dollars distributed over 5 networks you won't be able to get them. :)

volcank and wcgames like this.
  8. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thank you Chrsitoph for all your help. For now I will give it a rest on Heyzap and might get back to it later. Like you said Probably I missed a step actually I followed everything you did one by one I think I am doing something in the Coding section don't know why. For now what I did is I implemented Admob and Applovin. I use Applovin for video ads. I added an action icon so when pressed it gives 20 coins but I also added another navigation button where it takes the player to another screen that says congratulations you won 20 coins and in that screen I show Applovin video. I only set ads to video ads and medae them unskippable at Applovin Dahsboard :p

Anyway still I am curious on Heyzap will try with only 2 networks next time and see how it goes. Yes you are right better to keep fewer ad providers to keep the impressions in them at maximum.

Take care and thanx a lot again for your help.

Christoph likes this.
  9. dmmcmah

dmmcmah Avid Boxer

I am trying to integrate rewarded video. The test works in buildbox but the button never shows when running from xcode on a real device. I am confused this tutorial below says to "integrate your ad providers with Heyzap". So I set up a rewarded video campaign in chartboost and added to Heyzap. But then when exporting from Buildbox it says "if you are not using HeyZap for 3rd party mediation you may continue". So does that mean we shouldn't select Chartboost inside HeyZap?

https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/simple-rewarded-video-implimentation.452/

10. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi,

Ok I will make it really simple and basic.

If you will use Heyzap never ever ever never add any other networks inside Buildbox. Do not include and Admob or Chartboost Ids or anything only copy and paste your heyzap ID into the Heyzap section in Buildbox settings. Also make sure you do not forget any ad network to show ad inside the game. Set all your adnetworks to show heyzap not admob or chartboost.

Then follow the tutorial in the link below.
    https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/heyzap-mediation-sdk-10-ios-tutorial.8385/

http://buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/heyzap-mediation-sdk-10-android-eclipse-tutorial.8793/

If you are using Buildbox 2.2.8 and above you will need Heyzap SDK 10 which can be hard to find at Heyzap website. so here are the links to Android and IOS SDKs.

https://developers.heyzap.com/docs/android_sdk_setup_and_requirements_unified

https://developers.heyzap.com/docs/ios_sdk_setup_and_requirements_unified

Just follow the tutorials and you will be fine.

Basically if you will only user Admob or Chartboost you can monetize inside Buildbox but if you want to use rewarded video ads and other networks they use heyzap to show the best networks. Actually Heyzap will select the Ads with Highest ECPM and show the most relevant ad which will bring more revenue from ads. But this means your earnings will be spread to different networks. You will still get paid seperately by each network like Unity, Chartboost or Admob.

Christoph likes this.