A serious bug with BB2 Please help

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by yushima, May 31, 2016.

1. yushima

yushima Boxer

The main game-play of my game is to have platform that was set to enemy to disappear from scene when the player take a coin action and that can be achieved with use of connecting the action and the enemy as parent and child. my game use the same technique used in Trapdoors game by DeadCool

The problem is in BB 2.0 when the character take the action the enemy doesn't disappear as it should. i have tried many times and the setup is right and it work very well with BB 1.3.6 so i think its a bug that need to fixed as its so important to have this ability

Is their any one here in the forum has the same problem or anyone have a solution or any other technique to achieve the same gameplay.

2. Depuuty

Depuuty Avid Boxer

You could export to BB1 for that and then import back into BB2 for the rest of the game

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

You can't load a BB2 game in BB1 and expect things to work after going back to BB2. We've actually blocked this in code for a future release. BBDOCs are forward compatible, not backwards compatible.

4. yushima

yushima Boxer

thanks @Andy can i ask you why this ability was removed from BB 2 and when its going to be added again i hope in the next release as its very important to have to develop my gameplay / the trick from @Depuuty it also work i have a small project from bb 1 i have opened it with bb 2 and it worked i don't know why however its not going to work with the current project as it was already built using BB2

5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I don't fully understand what the original issue is. The best thing to do is to send a sample BBDOC that demonstrates the issue to support@buildbox.com. This way we can see exactly how it is setup and can advise you on what needs to be done.