911 For "newbies"

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Eugene Vilder, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Eugene Vilder

Eugene Vilder Boxer

Hi,
    First of all, I would like to some words about Buildbox...
    I like the product in general. It designed very well and works like a Swiss watch, but...

What I didn't like is the lack of ability to get more or less "immediate" answer to the questions of new Boxers... I've posted so far 2 questions, which in my opinion could be helpful for many developers, but didn't get any responses back so far... At least a direction... something...

I've spent my free week to realize what type of Gameplay type should I use for my game idea and still struggling with this... I'm not really complaining, but it makes me think about switching engine...

2. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Try the discord for more immediate answers https://www.buildbox.com/join-us-on-discord/

As for the questions, I think not a lot of people are online lately as they are busy making their own games. Or, maybe because the questions have been talked about a few times before. You can search for it in the forums. Also, you can try the Make Your Own Game tutorial https://www.buildbox.com/make-your-own-game/ to get a better mastery of the software. Good luck!

3. Eugene Vilder

Eugene Vilder Boxer

4. Eugene Vilder

Eugene Vilder Boxer

Sorry... Darius...

5. DariusGuerrero

It's not about that specific gameplay type though, but with that tutorial you can gain mastery of BB. The bB youtube channel has lots of tutorials as well.

So for example, once you finished a tutorial, you'll find out that in the gameplay type you need you can do it by making advanced moves for the character and setting time outs for them. I think researching the Youtube channel will help you a lot too

BobR likes this.
  6. Eugene Vilder

Eugene Vilder Boxer

ok... how about this one? You won't anything about that...

7. DariusGuerrero

8. Eugene Vilder

Eugene Vilder Boxer

9. DariusGuerrero

aww well if it's possible with BB2 I'm sure it will be possible with BB3 when it launches