2 years sober...

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by heathclose, May 27, 2016.

1. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

It used to be that if I wasn’t drinking I was thinking about drinking. It would consume my thoughts and when I finally got to a drink, I couldn’t stop. I got there by using alcohol as the solution to my problems until eventually, it became my master. 2 years ago today I attended my first AA meeting and found power where I had none. I was powerless over alcohol and today, I have recovered from a hopeless state of mind and body. I thank God every day for separating me from alcohol. I am free of a prison of my own making. If you or someone you love is over consuming alcohol to the point it affects their job, relationships, health, and other aspects of their life, Alcoholics Anonymous can help. It works… the proof sits in AA meetings all over the world.
    image.jpeg

2. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Congrats, Heath! Very big deal. Keep it up.

3. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

@heathclose Congratulations! A success better than having the #1 app worldwide any day in my book!

4. miguelnievas

miguelnievas Boxer

Congratulations.. Really.. !!! :)

5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Awesome!

6. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Nice one @heathclose, huge milestone bud, keep at it :)

7. chadh0130

chadh0130 Boxer

Awesome to hear. Unfortunately I currently have a loved one in my life who finds alcohol as their escape from reality. It's heartbreaking because no matter how hard anyone including myself tries to offer help, if they do not want to seek improvement, alcohol always wins. She's killing herself everyday and destroying relationships all around

I applaud you for this victory.

8. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

Awesome congrats buddy!!
    Interesting enough I used to spend my all my nighttime at the bars, or drinking several bottles at home mostly due to boredom and the need to "feel good". Using Buildbox has given me the opportunity to channel my free time (and money saved from not drinking) to something more worthwhile and less detrimental to my health. Honestly working on these games and with some of the awesome people in this community has given me the "feel good" fix I've been looking for :)

tweettopix likes this.
  9. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Awesome man, that is really nice to hear! I started to go down that path when lived in Ireland (you cannot be sober there) - but then moved to another country... just in time... :)

tweettopix likes this.
  10. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

We all have had/have our personal struggles and it's great to see someone overcome theirs. Thank you for sharing it's inspiring for all of us here. Keep it up!

Sean Buildbox and Nick H like this.