2.2.9 Share Score "distance" Wrong

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by AaroArts, Aug 7, 2017.

1. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

So I've just noticed in the "Score Type" in a BB 2.2.9 game, that even if Distance is selected, when you share the score or a score is submitted to Game Center, it's the Global Distance from all worlds, not just the World Distance :(

My main menu has the character running.
    And the game is based on distance.

At Game Over it is displays the correct scores, but the Share Button and Game Center entries are the Score + the Distance travelled whilst sat at the Main Menu...

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Haha. Yeah, that is really bad. I think Andy said that in BB3 the score system is re-written. Hope the game center entries are part of this. Multiple leaderboards would solve the issue for sure. But right now, it's the sum of all worlds. Always was like that. For the menu you need to simulate the running as in moving the platforms instead of the character whilst the world is freezed. Something like that. If you need to you can as well reset the leaderboard in itunes connect once you set it up correctly. That would kick out all old scores.

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Try setting the score multiplier really low on your main menu world... like .000001 or even 0 may work. If it doesn't let me know.

Christoph likes this.
  4. Eageron

Eageron Avid Boxer

It works a bit better if you turn down the score multiplier.. but somewhere he always gets something..