10 Copycats Of My Fidget Spinner App. And How To Deal With Copycats.

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by volcank, May 24, 2017.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi all,

This month I had found a copycat of my app and had it removed by Google thanks to them. Android is so open for reverse engineering so I say be careful and if you see a copycat of your game you can send a form to google using the form below. They will make the necessary procedures. They contacted me asked for screenshots and I sent them the screenshots of my app and the copycat so after few days they replied and said they removed it. I was so happy to see. It was so sad to see my game totally copied the music, the sound effects the background even the fidgets were same. Check the form below and save it.

https://support.google.com/legal/contact/lr_dmca?product=googleplay

Now today I saw this check it out. I just filled a form again for all those 10 copyacts. you can add additional links btw.

So here are the so called ripper developer's app. The app and the game dynamics is exactly the same. This time fidgets are different and also the music but background and the soundeffect is the same.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Fidget+Spinner+Nitago

harislatif and Christoph like this.
  2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

To be fair, this fidget spinner thing is a hot fad right now, you have to expect it will happen. They are everywhere and I expect a billion apps will be made.

Now having people rip your actual game is not right for sure. Did you try to use the encryption feature that is in 2.2.9 BETAs? That should stop it from happening... they will just move on to rip someone else's app 99% of the time.

volcank and Kevin W like this.
  3. cahaya

cahaya Boxer

At a glance I see.
    It does not resemble the game you have.
    Anyway it's a trend game. So it will explode in an instant.

volcank likes this.
  4. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

It is a copycat play both and you will see why. The screenshots do not look like mine of course that is why the developer didn't upload the exact screenshots of my game to hide in shadows but when you download and play the game it is a straight copycat. Btw all those 10 apps are the same he only changed the icon and screenshots so they look different. Even some the fidgets in those screenshots are not in the app when you download them. The soundeffect is also the same and the glowing background. He only changed the menu fidgets thats all.

I am on it emailed to google hope they will resolve it.I already took down one app like this which was an exact copy of mine.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi Andy yes thank you ofcourse that will happen but still doesn't make you feel good. We have actually talked about it and the app I did in 2.2.8 doesn't work quite right in 2.2.9 the fidget starts to move out of the center so 2.2.8 is the ultimate fidget builder right now. LOL. Like we talked I could finally send you an example. I sent the mail to support@buildbox.com there you can see how I set it up and open it up in 2.2.9 and see the different. First you won't see anything but continue to spin fast and wait for a while and you will see the fidget will start to move out of the screen slowl I even saw it flied out right away. I also tried to make almost everthing to 0 in gameplay settings even like that it still occurs. So I can not use 2.2.9 for encryption right now.

Also another thing is I realied in 2.2.9 my another yet (LOL) new fidget spinner arcade game doesn't work quite right. ok what I did was there was 2 fidget spinners in screen as enemies and I set both angular velocity like 900 something so they spin fast and at the same time they move along the path back and forth as obstacles during thegame. When I opened the file in 2.2.9 one of the fidgets do not spin only go back and forth and I realised now in one of tha paths there was another option at the bottom which I think cause the spinner to stop. I will also send an example to you as soon as possible with this so you can check it out. Thank you.

6. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

It's a shame when someone rips it exactly...
    But it's trending again today... so keep a look out.

Let's hope they forgot to change the AD IDs ;)

volcank likes this.
  7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@volcank cool, thanks. Sean is getting into this today. We will get to the bottom of the difference between 2.2.8 and 2.2.9.

volcank likes this.
  8. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

You are welcome I hope I could be helpful.

9. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yeah you are right but still I filled a DMCA notice to Google they know that those apps are copycats at least I did that. I just hope they take all them down. Because a few weeks ago Google literally took another copycat of my app after I sent them the screenshots but this time fidgets are different. I hope they can understand.

10. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

Your games' background gives me trypophobia

volcank likes this.
  11. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Good I always wanted to shoot.horror movies and give scare to people throgh entertainment so this is my first. It means you have a good connection with the app and the energy flows. enjoy it. ;)

12. MattGamer

MattGamer Boxer

13. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

14. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @Andy @TreySmith check this out I am also now writing this to support right now. Thanks to @MattGamer he realised that this guy called Stingreyzap is selling the app I did as sourcecode. I can assure you I created all the graphic assets by myself in the game and I even sent an example bbdoc of the file to support already yesterday. It seems this is the guy in the forum selling it.

https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/skyfall-addictive-game-bbdoc.6293/#post-33082

Would you please make the necessary actions because I think this is illegal. Thank you.

Btw here are links to my apps.

https://itunes.apple.com/tr/app/fidget-spinner-wheel-toy-best-stress-relief-game/id1232503835?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.volkan.fidgetspinnerhand&hl=en

I just checked and my first build was published on May 3rd so long before these copycats started to occur. Please check the screenshots.

I didn't want to mention his name here so he doesn't realise but I will write without an @ which is thepappilon and he is selling those sourcecodes regardless and now I see why there are so many copycats of my game around. I am now copying and pasting this whole text and sending it to support with screenshots of my graphic works as a proof. This is really annoying at my side and I hope you can understand my frustration.

[​IMG]

Regards

Volkan Kutlubay

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  15. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

You'll have to issue a DMCA take down for each app and send it to the sites. It's not down to BuildBox as it's not their intellectual property.
    It'll also be on code canyon as well and all similar sites like that.

I found 2 of my games on those sites. And the same seller had them on multiple sites.

You're going to have to upgrade to 2.2.9 and encrypt your work if you're sticking with BB.
    I haven't had any problems since I have.
    It's going to be more important the more games you make because your audience is getting bigger, thus a higher chance of people ripping your app.

It's so frustrating isn't it :(
    Makes you not want to bother... but stick at it dude.

Good luck.

16. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hİ M
    I disagree with what you say. Do you think it is ok to have someone in this community to steal our games. I am not talking about copying and remaking the same thing but stealing our products and selling them?? so everyone here can steal each other's property and sell it?? You think that is fair?? I don't think this should be allowed. I spent time creating that app and plus all those graphic assets. I modeled and 3d rendered all those fidgets even they look flat still did them in 3d. Did the Menus and everything and now someone just rips it off. I can of course fight it and I already took down 1 app from Google Play with DMCA and now on to next 10. But I don't think this person should be allowed to be in this community for 99 a month. Money is not everything and this kind of person can harm in the long term. You now say he sells 2 of your apps. You should have already emailed Codecanyon right away. I am an old seller at videohive since 2010 and I will send them a DMCA notice as well. You should write them an email they will close his account believe me. If I see my app there I will write to Codecanyon actually I will write them right away telling them to be cautious because Envato never likes this kind of thing and acts according to that. They even shut down a friend of mine's videohive acount but that was a misunderstaning. And you know that happened because there was a similar file at shutterstock and they shut down his account got all his money which was around 10.000 dollars at that time. But we wrote a nice email explained that it was a misunderstanding and saved the account. This kind of action should be done here as well. Stealing is stealing no matter digital or physical. If Google does it so as Buildbox should do to protect its community.

@Andy @TreySmith

17. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

its not ok, but its still has nothing to do with buildbox, they are dealing with security in bb 2.2.9, which is a shame your game won't work on,
    but its not up to them to take action for your games being stolen, unfortunalty their are a lot of games being ripped, this same guy is even selling the pit, created by buildbox,
    yes its not a good feeling seeing your work, hard work, that takes time to create, but once you export and upload to the store, then its your problem, not buildbox,
    Its the same as all digital products on the internet, once its on there, its open for all,
    Its not right, but it happens,
    Im sure a lot of people as my self have had this happen, i did the same as you , spent time getting games removed, then decide my time was best spent creating new games.
    Sorry for your grief but you can't be blaming buldbox staff, and expect them to chase around everyones games, and have them removed.
    Its a website, that everyone has access to, same as everything on the internet.
    same as the App Store, once its there its your problem.
    its bad, but chin up, keep making games,

18. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

I think @volcank is talking now about blocking or removing that guy from BB forum and @playsgames6666 is talking about BBriver marketplace what gives a misunderstanding between two of you.

volcank likes this.
  19. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Dude you need to calm down.
    I never said it was ok, did I?

But legally it's nothing to do with BuildBox...

You wouldn't expect Apple to act on piracy without a DMCA takedown notice just because you used xCode to develop it!
    Or photoshop to act and remove an image from a webpage just because you created it on that platform.

Cloning is a very grey area anyway.
    You can't copyright game physics etc.

And let's be realistic, you're using Fidget spinner shapes made by other companies. Where do you draw the line on copy-catting?

Yes my games have been stolen.
    But I can't waste my time removing after I realised how many were out there.
    Plus, they'll just reupload it under a new name.

Spend your time making games and encrypt your work!

Like I said, keep at it and good luck.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    volcank and playsgames6666 like this.
  20. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

im not talking about bb marketplace, I'm talking about putting your games in the app stores , once there on there , they available for anyone to download, then unforntuantly the scums decide to steal them. but its life,