1.3.5 now crashes and 1.3.6 broke my game

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by heathclose, Feb 28, 2016.

1. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

soooooo... i've go that going for me...

since 1.3.6 was released and downloaded, it broke my game... so many variables were changed, lights don't work, it's a mess...

so I'll just work in 1.3.5, right? I mean that worked before?

wrong... now i can't look at 1.3.5 wrong or it crashes... what is happening?

2. smmsud

smmsud Boxer

hello... Uninstall all the version of BB. delete all the temp files.. Use software to shred. Do a deep scan..

Then u are good to go.. Also 1.3.6 has export issues... Am also in your team..

Nick H likes this.
  3. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Yup, same here @heathclose. My BB V1.3.5 game Mr Buzz, has all sorts of things firing in the wrong direction inside V1.3.6
    @Andy - 1.3.6 seems to have screwed up enemy bullets I had set to a 90º rotation, they now fire off the screen rather than into the screen.
    I also have some animated objects that are no longer visible in preview, they are still there and they kill you, as you can see them in debug mode, but their opacity is now set to 0, so you can't see them. I'm testing all other scenes to see if there are other issues.

4. qiang_ma

qiang_ma Avid Boxer

Hi Phil!
    I've met with this opacity problem also, can't see the 0 opacity object also couldn't find it. Have you find a way to solve that prob? This is driving me crazy:confused:.

5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Hey guys, sorry for the issues. We've really gone through and tried to minimize the possible inconsistencies. Please email support@buildbox.com with details and files so we can look at each case. We can fix the issue for you or let you know of a workaround. Most likely these things mentioned here will not require a code change.

6. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

sean's on the case already

as a side note @Andy , I tried to open my 1.3.5 game in bb2beta3, and the exact same things break in the exact same way they broke when I opened the 1.3.5 bbdoc in 1.3.6... there must be coding similarities for 1.3.6 and bb2 to affect the game so exactly. I let sean know this as well

7. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

Trust me guys I've had many times where my file got corrupted in some way including Color Switch. I lost many many hours. Best practice is to make many many iterations of your file. Also always keep older versions of bb and download the new update as a new separate download. Hope that helps! You never know what tricks any software will pull on you so always have to be prepared for the worst.

JustWatchApps, smmsud and Jamie like this.
  8. smmsud

smmsud Boxer

Any one facing issues while exporting and building for android version??

Sajalsh_25 likes this.
  9. Sajalsh_25

Sajalsh_25 Boxer

yes! i am on buildbox 2.0 and my game keeps crashing on a physical device.
    but exporting my project from buildbox is fine!