Game Is Very Slowing

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Jackps, Dec 24, 2018.

1. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

it was just a cheap $40 phone from walmart to test. my point is that's the type of android people have that can't afford better ones. They won't understand that its a cheap phone issue and not the app. I Think that for Google Play we as developers can restrict to what devices the app is available

2. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

But you have to understand you cant run Metro Exodus on Pentium ONE. You have to have a good Machine for that. Same goes for Mobile devices, You cant run a 3D game on devices that does not have that kind of technology for that games to render. There is a reason you see new Technologies with new components coming everyday. Yes Most people have those $40 Mobile phones and You should not target those devices just to get downloads. If you do, You may have to sacrifice a lot, Rendering, Removing Graphics Objects and So on ... I make sure my game runs on the newest devices possible and new OS possible. Because if you don't look out for new technologies you are losing a lot of money on the table just laying around for you.

Hue Buildbox and Sean Buildbox like this.
  3. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

good morning, today I borrowed my daughters samsung galaxy tablet to run my game.. omg its unplayable. on my iPhone X it takes 30 second to clear a path I created but on this galaxy its so low that it takes over 2 minutes. touch response is fine but the scrolling movement of the scene seems to be in slow motion.
    I did have shadows turned off.

how do we limit our BB3 games to only be available in high performance mobile devices???

as I mention before, if I upload this and someone with a galaxy tablet (example) with not like my game cause its pointless in slow motion. therefor this user would rate me poorly. on the other hand someone with an iPhone x (example) would love it....
    feedback please ;)

4. Aitor Balda Jurado

Aitor Balda Jurado Boxer

A couple of months have passed since the last message... I am experiencing the same problem on my Android mobile. I have been building games for mobile for years and this is not some optimization problem of the game... It must be something relating with the way BB is deploying for Android.

This must be resolved now. I am using the last version, Buildbox 3 (not in beta anymore) and the game in Android are absolutely unplayable.

5. Azim Shaikh

Azim Shaikh Boxer

Hello Boxers, Any update on this thread?, Its 2020 and i am still seeing the same problem in my game too, it works slow on my Redmi note 5 pr, but on my Samsung note 10 it works the way it should,(I have unchecked all shadows removed all my background , only ground and enemy and my character and some trees). Need a solution on this.

6. StradMan

StradMan Boxer

In my c
    ase I went back to the older version prior to the last update because it got worse.
    I did upgrade my testing android phone from a cheap walmart brand to an S10 and my games are not playable however its much smoother on my iphone 11 pro.

7. Azim Shaikh

Azim Shaikh Boxer

okay, thats good, but what about other phones? will there be an update on this situation?, i buildbox doing anything for this? because i am not able to run my simple game on lower end phones(Redmi Note 5 Pr Not so lower though).

8. strawmann

strawmann Boxer

I've been battling this problem for days and finally figured out a solution.
    My game is a jumping bottle flip clone. I was running between 22-31 fps on my Android.
    So, I increase the Gravity and the Jump Force's Y-axis and Z-axis until it felt right.
    The BB simulator runs around 60 fps, so it feels WAAAAY too fast. But on a slow Android, it's almost perfect.
    These may not work for you exactly the same, but try tweaking your physics settings similarly. Maybe it'll help.