Help: Forget To Cancel Subscription And Can I Ask A Refund

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by vrdream, Mar 9, 2020.

1. vrdream

vrdream Boxer

Hi BB team,

Hope you are well!

Please be informed I haven't being using BB software for half past year.
    Just because it is too hard for me and I can't afford the cost anymore (had spent $999 on it for the first year and $299 for the second year).
    But unfortunately I forgot to cancel the subscription and the team charged me the 2020 year's fee (Receipt #2006-6760) without reminding me in advance.
    This is unreasonable, even if Amazon they will remind the prime user at least one week ago before the charging fee.

I really don't want to use BB anymore.
    How can I get refund?

Thanks!

l_beav likes this.
  2. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Hey there, Its sad to see that there are not reminders nor any notifications from BB team but I got good news. Send and e-mail to support@buildbox.com they might help you in some way with your issue.

l_beav likes this.
  3. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

To be clear we have several notifications send to customers prior to renewal. If you reach out to support they can look at your specific situation, but there are always renewal notices to be clear ;)

4. vrdream

vrdream Boxer

No there is not any notice sent to me.

The latest email is talking about the Game Jam.
    1583777988(1).png

5. Sean Buildbox

As I said, please email support to deal with your specific billing and situation. But simply stated we have automated sent reminders. Support will be happy to check on your case

6. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Hi,For your information i too didn't get any notification.If this is a feature then i would like to let you know that i never used to get nor got any any information prior renewal.I believe you would inform the support team to fix the issue so that other fellow developers would find it helpful.Sorry for hijacking the thread :p I thought this must be addressed in public :)

7. vrdream

vrdream Boxer

Thank for you information!

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  8. vrdream

vrdream Boxer

After contacting the support team and clarified the subscription is not my will. The CS guy insists refuse my request.

That's ridiculous!

Why I left build box half years ago?

I decided to buy the license just because Trey Smith's demonstrate on youtube.
    But after one and half year's investigation.I found the functionallity of BB is too weak and buggy. I had developed a Mario-like via buildbox and found it run too slowing in Android device. and there is allway some bugs found and you have to wait for some weeks
    for the update(such admob integration issue, x64 deice support issue etc).

I used to trust the buildbox team but they ignore me now. Even if I had leave build box development for half year I have to paid for one more year's fee just because of their Ignore user experience, non-standard processes.

Check the screen shot below, the team do know that I didn't use the build box solftware for a long time. But they still charge me for one more year. even if I had explain that's not my will

Too sad!

bb2.png

l_beav likes this.
  9. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Hi,Looking at the screenshot its a general email.Even i received it though i am using it so kindly ignore that :) And regarding subscription the time you stopped using buildbox you could have send an email to support to unsubscribe it instead of last moment.And regarding payment they store mode of payment details for renewal purpose only....But refusal to refund is quiet new.I suggest you to send an email once again and request them stating the problem.I believe they would refund.Keep the hopes high :) .Lets see what @Sean Buildbox has to say about it.

10. Sean Buildbox

I can confirm I am checking into your specific situation. I cannot discuss private billing details in the forum, but I will be following up with you shortly via email/DM.

11. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Don't panic. Sean will take care of matters as it appears you had a generic response.

12. l_beav

l_beav Boxer

The Same thing has happened to me.

The iPhone system, The App Elite, Platinum Plus, The Mobile Game System, Project Zero 1&2, The App Elite 2, Project Mayhem 1&2, Game Academy, Game Studio Elite, BB1 and on, and so much more !!! I even went out to Trey’s app conference / party in San Diego! I have invested in so much with Trey !

I’ve been with Trey and his systems since the beginnings of his excitement in apps.. Since the days of The Secret Headquarters ! … All of that has cost A LOT of time and money. Those early systems have brought Buildbox to what it was today, and us early guys had to deal with tons of bugs, and we all spent a lot of time reporting them and helping out. Blood, sweat and tears ( our tears even became pixels ! )

And this is the Loyalty that is shown ? What has happened here ? Julie, Natalie V, Trey and Nik, and then Sean would do anything to satisfy their customers before. What has happened to this company ?

I was very sick with, you can probably guess what… so sick that I was incapacitated for days and days. I had someone else checking my mail for anything important. They didn’t mention any Buildbox emails to me as they know I’ve been into apps for years… This is the truth… besides that anyways, I have asked for money back from this charge, and they refuse. I don’t keep much money in that bank account either and it over-drafted that account, leading to over $100 more in charges.

Again, where is the loyalty? Where is the professionalism? Where is the respect? What’s going on ? Trey, are you out there ? Can you help ? Maybe I’ll look for your old phone I had for you, or try to reach you on the book.

It’s so sad to see things like this after all that’s been done.

13. l_beav

l_beav Boxer

Hey VRDREAM , Did you ever get this sorted out ?

14. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

hello, when did this happen? Upon the transaction, how long was it before you requested a refund?

l_beav likes this.
  15. l_beav

l_beav Boxer

Josh, I requested a refund almost immediately after the charge. I was sick at the time, but I received an overdraft notice in a text message. I can't believe how great Trey's staff was for so many years and now the guy answering emails / handling support is so unprofessional.