Buildbox 3.2.2 #3803 Beta

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hi There Boxers! :) We're back with a brand new beta! we're hoping make the official version extremely soon :)

Also as is with any Beta release please ensure making a backup of any important projects prior to opening and saving them in the new build.

If you find any bugs or issues please send them into support@buildbox.com with all pertinent details ASAP so we can get them documented and corrected. Drumroll.....below are the links:

Links:

macOS
    : https://download.buildbox.com/build...2.2-3803_7dc83e416ccb2536c31d27ba2e946060.zip

Windows
    : https://download.buildbox.com/build...2.2-3803_4506bdc1757dc837247fa12bcda7e021.exe

Change Log:
    added: Android BACK button support
    added: Downscaled 2d animation positions
    added: android haptic feedback
    added: Volume control for Sound node
    added: Set UI Text node
    added: SubScene KeyframeAnimation icons
    added: 2D World rendering optimization
    added: Prefer AMD and nVidia discrete graphics cards over Intel onboard
    added: Sliders for some physics elements
    added: default value for score type
    added: handling on Android and iOS for sharing without a score type set
    added: [JSAPI] level section, entity id
    added: [JSAPI] setWorldPosition for entities
    added: [JSAPI] Sound node volume attributefixed: 2d animations pos fix
    fixed: Crash on reset view of a random 3D game with No gravity using Wizard.
    fixed: Bones traisnformation fix
    fixed: FBX scene default scale
    fixed: bug with failing auto updater on some Windows systems
    fixed: Ground reappearing when type is changed while hidden
    fixed: msvc redist installer
    fixed: enableTouch argument check
    fixed: Looped animations blend issues for FBX files
    fixed: Only necessary nav button options are visible on the mind map
    fixed: crash related to component removal
    fixed: Rotation issue for some FBX files
    fixed: save issue for win32 exports
    fixed: setPathPosition parameter check
    fixed: Tooltip across whole app
    fixed: TouchPath PathMove nodes scene displacement
    fixed: issue in Trail3D node related asset.name()
    fixed: Reworked multi-monitor support. Window DP is now calculated from native API instead of relying on screen dp [Windows]
    fixed: deleting destination installation folder on Windows before doing setup

2. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

Looks good!

Bug I found: When you add a label node into the mind map of an object it doesn't show up at all.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  3. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

how to use text UI node?? when i adding something add some tutorials to

4. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

added: android haptic feedback :) :) :)

5. Sean Buildbox

Keep in mind this is a BETA and more documentation is coming. It can be used to display values such as time value from timer node of the speed value. Something like attached.

Attached Files:

6. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

Just tested Haptic Feedback on Android and it works perfectly :) Thank you guys

Sean Buildbox and Hue Buildbox like this.
  7. Sean Buildbox

8. Kaliterimes

Kaliterimes Boxer

9. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi Sean! I saw you added Android haptic feedback for android. I know it will sound silly know asking but is there an haptic feedback setup for iOS?? :) Another thing is android performance. Last time I tested my game on an android phone (it was an ASUS phone) the games was extremely slow like X3 slow. Are there any improvements on android performance? Other than that thank you so much for all the updates!
    And something else before I forgot! The windowed and fullscreen buttons are not working. I just tested last night with the previous version last night when I exported for Windows and those 2 functions doesn'T work at all in windows exe export. Thanks @Sean Buildbox

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  10. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Hey @volcank ,

The ios had haptic feedback before this update they just implement it to work on android as well... as for performance there's little to no improvements for Android, the editor loads slower than 3.2.0 and the performance is at best the same on devices. They are working on fixing this issues but based on what I've seen their focus is most on iOS than Android.

There are few techniques that can improve your Android gameplay but other than that we cannot do anything for now

I hope this clears your stuff a little bit

Sean Buildbox and volcank like this.
  11. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

One more thing which I believe is very important should be updated whenever possible! I watched the tutorial on how to import fbx characters by using brainbox which was great I think only when I added the AWSD controls for character move the character doesn't smoothly looks around him but only and rigidly looking at the certain directions like west, east south east etc which doesn'T look natural where as when I add the mobile control virtual stic the character moves very smoothly looking around and more natural. The otherway with keyboard might annoy many players I think. Also when I try to add and trigger extra animations except the default ones that you added like walk, run, jump death etc. the rig starts to act weird and the arms start to spin backwards basicaly the rig gets broken. It would be great if a tutorial could be made for how to add extra moves for a character such as if I wanted him to shoot or open a door or push etc. Thank you @Sean Buildbox

12. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yes @Vlad-NY thank you. What kind of techniques would you prefer for Android? I am thinking of making levels static rather than a moving scene I can feel that can help with performance? And did you try making a 2D game for Android rather than 3D I mean only using 2D sprites just like good old Buildbox 2 engine. I wonder how will that be for Android. Thanks.

Vlad-NY likes this.
  13. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

@volcank

For FBX stuffs you should play around with "Transition Time" values if you want to use WASD controls if that is correctly set the direction should look more smoother.

As for the 2d stuff, there's nothing that we can do to improve performance I was thinking to suggest to disable shadows and 3d mode for objects if you are using 2d worlds but that won't make that big of a difference. I'm investigating this issue and I'm trying to find ways to improve performance on android since this is something that I am working on and I know a lot of boxers around this forum and discord want to have good performance on Android. So far I did not found anything good to mention

volcank likes this.
  14. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Ok Thank you so much for the feedback. I appreciate! For the AWSD things I don't think it has got to do with the animation transition values. the main problem happens when the players changes the direction to look and it has nothing to do with the imported fbx animation. Just try that even on an empty 3D project and throw an advanced paltformer then the keyboard controls from the brainbox to that default cube and try to contrl it. You will see what I mean. @Vlad-NY

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    Vlad-NY likes this.
  15. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@Vlad-NY Hi! No matter where I look I can not find a way to add haptic feedback in BB3? Can you tell me where it is in the engine? UI ır in nodes section?? Thanks

16. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

volcank likes this.
  17. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

18. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

noup, not yet.

19. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

fixed: save issue for win32 exports
    It still does not working. I exported 3d Platformer template right and when i click on .exe i did not open

20. Adilzhan

Adilzhan Boxer

IOS export still not working if you export ios you have 22 errors on xcode 11.5. What point of this game engine if you cant publish your app?