Anyone Tried Using Alternative App Stores?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Mothy9999, May 27, 2020.

1. Mothy9999

Mothy9999 Boxer

Has anyone tried publishing their games on alternative app stores like Aptoide, Amazon App Store, Yandex, Opera etc?

Is it worth doing?

2. Alienone

Alienone Boxer

When I made my very first game app, like 4 years ago, had it in Google Play (Naturally) then in Amazon, and Appzoom... in which I think Appzoom is not around anymore as this was like 4 years ago, but was able to get like 500 downloads in the first few of weeks with these 2 alternatives combined, with very limited app marketing behind them... Think of it in this perspective... of digital real estate, the more you have, the more exposure you have... Heres a good article on why using a third part app store is a good way to go https://mnmapplications.com/2018/05/23/3rd-party-app-store-alternatives-google-play/

I just got my newest game up in Google Play, working now on Apple, then Amazon and finally Galaxy's App Store for now, in which that reminds me I have to ask that question on here... if the file we export in BB for google play, and convert in to an APK in Android Studio, if will work in Galaxy's App Store... o_O

3. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Amazon can be. I havent uploaded anything new for a while but if you make the right game, you can make some serious dollar. One of my games last year made $4k in just a month through Chartboost. But Chartboost have changed how they do ads now and you need approval first and other red tape(changing their payment terms from 30 to 45 and now 60 days).

Older titles still pull in over $100 a month via AdMob

4. Andy Fletcher

Andy Fletcher Boxer

hey guys, can anyone tell me how the alternative apps generally work? Any glitches or problems with the devices? THANKS