Apple Developer " D-u-n-s # ???

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Alienone, May 25, 2020.

1. Alienone

Alienone Boxer

So... I am so LOST!.... I have games on Google Play, no problems with the Google Play Developer Program... I want to put games on Apple, started the process by creating a Developer Account and I am so confused with this Dun and Bradstreet number process you have to do....

Can I use my Game App Website name to register on D&B?
    Do I have to LLC My Game App Website, and make it a company before I register with D&B?

Just want to put game apps in Apple under my game app websites name the way I have it in Google Play...

Please Help :D:D:D

2. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

If you want to register your apps on Apple using a company name or any entity that's not your Real Name, then you need to register that name as a company (business). You can of course register as corporation, LLC, sole proprietor, etc.. It is a simple process to register as a company, can be done on the web.
    Apple does it this way for payment and reporting, there is no getting around it.
    D&B is going to basically prove it is a registered company and assign you your DUNS which you then provide to Apple.
    You can register with Apple as your personal name now, without the DUNS, and can later change it to your business name once you have your business setup. It is basically the same process and Apple transfers your account name to the new name once you provide them with the D&B info.

Alienone likes this.
  3. Alienone

Alienone Boxer

THANK YOU Codifie! I was watching a few youtube videos on how to get started setting up an Apple Developer Account, and every video I watch was saying its Not recommended to sign up as an individual, but to sign up as a business... with the DUNS, so thats why I was trying to wrap my head around this... So does Apple frown upon, or make it difficult to sign up as an individual, as opposed to signing up as a business? Other wise I will just sign up as an individual and use my personal name for now :)

4. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

I release using my real name on Apple, never had any issues but have planned on switching over, just haven’t dedicated the time to get it done to be honest. Already have the DUNS since Codifie is already incorporated and an active business in other ventures. Just been lazy when it comes to Apple I guess.

Alienone likes this.
  5. Alienone

Alienone Boxer

Awesome, Many Thanks Again Codifie! Will give it a run with Apple... Was also a little hesitant with trying Apple, because I see a lot of Game Apps being rejected for one reason or another... I would think when someone is paying $99 a year, that Apple would be a little forbearing... :D But going to give it a shot, theres only something to lose if one does not try :cool: