Can´t Get Path Move Or Touch Path To Work

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Bluemusic, May 12, 2020.

1. Bluemusic

Bluemusic Boxer

Hi,

I wanted do something similar to Twisted Road so I opened that tutorial to check how the character is following the path with only a simple Path Move node connected. Problem is; this Path Move node does not exist in the game....

Well, it exists, but different. The one that´s in the example has a sensitivity which says how much you can move but the Move Path node in the node liste has different slots like position over path and initial offset.
    I assume they have made the tutorial and then done things to the node but how on earth should I make the thing work now?
    I added a Touch Pad node which makes me able to move the character but then the character is not moving forward at all as it has no speed?
    BTW, What is the Y range? Nothing about this in the manual...

I tried adding a move node to the Touch Path Node. Nothing happens. I also tried to combine Path Move and Touch Path but the thing just stands still.

Hope anyone can help out.

Attached Files:

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

The Y axis is Up and down. You need to add a move node and set the Z direction to speed you want. You might need to make it a -5(minus 5) as an example, depending in which direction you want to go,

If you want to use that Path move in your game, either customise the template, or export the character asset into your project, so you can use the path move node there and replace the character with your asset.

Also there's a ton of tutorials covering almost everything on Youtube - links below - just search there for faster help too. Or join the discord channel.

Al Cox
    https://www.youtube.com/user/bbmfalcox

Smart Penguins
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHDFEsDQ8dKjEBEVCbAPZZw

Hanomax Games
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChorQW_0F1EGbTtryysjeew

Theres load more

3. Bluemusic

Bluemusic Boxer

Thanks for the reply. I know how to make a move node. But as soon as I use touch path then it stands still. The path move makes the object move forward but cant move side to side. I´ve check loads of videos and are able to make quite a few but there are so much bugs in this program that I´m sometimes wonders if its a bug or me missing something. The program also crashes every 30 minutes for something random. Probably best to just copy the asset from Twisted Road.

4. Bluemusic

Bluemusic Boxer

Copied the asset and the character moves and can now be moved but its shaking like a leaf when I touch it....

5. Bluemusic

Bluemusic Boxer

Still no one who knows what Y range is? I know Y is up but the Touch Move there is something called Y Range. The manual shows a different Touch Move (and path move). The new one has no speed but a Y range.

6. asif ahamed

asif ahamed Boxer

Is it you others Object moved on path ?

7. Bluemusic

Bluemusic Boxer

Sorry, didn´t understand that? Its the character I want to move on the path...

8. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

You will need to play around with the collision shapes so it sits well in your game. Then use the position limiter to set the limit to move left/right. This will take some playing to get the desired settings. Delete the ZERO (0) in your Y range if you dont want the character to move up. It will say 'none', which is what you want.