Buildbox For Pc Users

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Dabestohyeah, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Dabestohyeah

Dabestohyeah Boxer

Hi Guys

I have a game that I'm wanting to send over to a publisher, however I do not have a Mac in order to convert my buildbox export file into one that could go on the app store. Would it be possible for me to send said file to someone with a Mac and them send me back the 'completed file' (don't know the apple version of an APK).

Also if anyone would be able to assist who owns a Mac it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Adam

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Unfortunately the AppStore works differently than the play store. To publish the game, you do need a Mac.

3. Dabestohyeah

Dabestohyeah Boxer

Thanks for the reply, thats what I was afriad of !

4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

First off, you will need an Apple developer account and a mac. You could use a Macincloud solution or a VM Virtual mac(plenty of tutorials on YT) but the latter is a pain when there's updates to the MacOS. Rather than sending over the game, why not send a short video and see if they want to take a look at your game first?

5. Dabestohyeah

Dabestohyeah Boxer

That was the plan but I've now been asked to make a few ganes specifically for IOS and i dont even have an iphone or apple device of any kind.