Animation Glitches & Crashes

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by rcdub, Jan 15, 2016.

1. rcdub

rcdub Boxer

Fair warning - I'm pretty much brand new to Buildbox so I could very well just be doing this wrong, but I think I've still come across a few glitches & crashes.

1) I've been trying to get my character to have a default animation with a particle emitter then a jump animation without the emitter (e.g.: Geometry Dash style). No matter what I've tried, I haven't been able to get rid of the particle emitter in the jump animation. It doesn't appear to happen in the move/defeated animation but it persists through jump.

2) When you add a Light, Trail, or Flag to any animation, BB crashes automatically.

3) When you add a particle emitter within the animation window, the collision shape will automatically resize to account for this. Not sure if this was done intentionally or not, just was a nuisance to keep repositioning both the emitter and collision shape (could also be super frustrating with more complex shapes). Can check out the images below:
    Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 11.05.04 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 11.05.16 PM.png

All in all though, BB has been awesome to use.

Cheers,
    Ryan

2. ricky_dawn

ricky_dawn Boxer

I think it's because once the jump animation runs it goes back to the idle or movement animation even if the character isn't on the ground yet - does the particle stop when you first jump for a second and then continue when it's in the air?

3. rcdub

rcdub Boxer

@ricky_dawn That makes sense, but I don't think that's what is happening. It should be pretty visible if it turned off because you would see a tiny gap in the emitter, but it seems to be pretty much constant. After playing around with it more, I don't even know if the jump animation is working at all for me. Doesn't seem to even show an animation sequence. Are you experiencing the same?