Collision Shape Editor Not Showing

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Zhubi, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Zhubi

Zhubi Boxer

Hello, I've recently started using Buildbox and trying to create games, after watching a few tutorials I see everyone that uses ( Collision Shape "Edit" ) but it doesnt show on my PC, it's just not here...Can you please help me?

upload_2020-3-2_19-53-16.png

2. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Watch this video, specifically at 20.44 minutes. Talks about collision and how to do it.

Zhubi and Josh (Nology Games) like this.
  3. Zhubi

Zhubi Boxer

Thanks, helpful!

4. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Glad it helped!

5. Gargo

Gargo Boxer

and? According to old videos there was a possibility to fully customize the shape. For example I need to create a polygon shape. Is it not available anymore?

6. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

That collision editor that you refer to is available in Buildbox 2 but as of now not in Buildbox 3 as far as I know.

7. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Correct, we've considered an "easy mesh creator" for BB3 in the future. For now custom meshes need to be imported however.

8. Gargo

Gargo Boxer

1)3d meshes to handle collisions in 2d game? Sounds very strange.
    2)Instead of 2d editor in which user just delineate the object users now must learn also how to work in 3d editor?

9. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Yes, 2D worlds in BB3 are essentially 3D worlds with locked cameras and tools for 2D.

That being said an easy mesh maker is something to stay tuned on for both 2D and 3D ;)

10. Robert Gilbreath

Robert Gilbreath Boxer

I've been wrestling with this issue for the last couple of weeks and find this incredibly limiting when attempting to create a collision shape. In fact I am completely unable to create collision shapes for the more complex 2D objects for the game that I am attempting to make.

You've considered it? It seems like this should be a high priority to me. Or perhaps incorporate the collision shape editor from BB2 into BB3 as a stand alone tool.

I even accessed Adobe Fuse and Dimension apps to see if I can create customized OBJ files to accommodate the collision shape that I need, but those programs do not have that capability either.

Is there an app that allows the user to create and edit mesh shapes then export them as an OBJ file for use in BB3?

Christopher Chye likes this.