Adventures In Shapeland Tease

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by ruhm64, Jan 15, 2016.

1. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

Don't be mistaken.
    That IS a Guinea Pig...

tweettopix and playsgames6666 like this.
  2. gnomencandle

gnomencandle Boxer

Hey, I'd make the spikes come out further or shoot projectiles to make them harder.

I see you have checkpoints. Have you thought about making each scene harder and adding more checkpoints? You could have less repetition that way and make each level short and difficult. I plan on doing this for my game since those types seem to have better success. The death scene one looked great for high difficulty.

Since you made the game you probably know how to maneuver most of the zones easier than the player who is starting out. I found that for my game that was the case.

Good luck!

ruhm64 likes this.
  3. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

Thanks for the reply.
    I am letting people ease in to it at but it takes a bit to get from checkpoint to checkpoint. There are 200+ scenes at 1400 pixels wide average for each scene.

When you say "less repetition" do you mean due to deaths because the scenes are that hard? If so, I probably should add more checkpoints. I have testers that have told me that this game invokes "Nintendo fits" because it is too hard.

It is silent and deadly. ;)

4. gnomencandle

gnomencandle Boxer

Hey lemme know if you use TestFlight, add me as a tester. Just email me in here.

ruhm64 likes this.
  5. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

I do use TestFlight. I would be happy to put you on the list. My newest version is still in Beta Review but that doesn't take long. I am actually having an issue with iPad Mini 1 not working but it is running 9.2 hanging and closing out on the startup screen. But the iPad 4 with 9.2 has no issues at all. I didn't think there was that far of a gap in the tech on them. Interesting how some games with the same mechanics vary over the few devices.

6. gnomencandle

gnomencandle Boxer

Yeah if you use a lot of shadows, on the older devices with lots of programs running will not display them.