Authentication And Maximum System Limit

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by visionarymonkey, Apr 22, 2020.

1. visionarymonkey

visionarymonkey Boxer

It's really frustrating that Buildbox is still having authentication and Maximum System Limit bugs. Buildbox will crash and then when I restart it will either give me a maximum System Limit notification or activation failed (Not even the same message each time). Neither which should be happening because its only installed on one computer and it was just working fine prior to crashing. The gist Im getting is that many run into this issue and it's often wrongly blamed on poor internet connection or firewall. Again thats not the case for me, its completely random when it's going to work fine and when it fails. Has anyone had any luck addressing this issue?

2. Coldwilson

Coldwilson Avid Boxer

I just got this today for some reason. Only using one machine ever and tried restarting everything and closing down firewalls, etc. Nothing has worked. Gone to support@buildbox.com to resolve.

Extremely frustrating due to internet connection requirement.

3. Coldwilson

Coldwilson Avid Boxer

I've had the same issue and replied as below to a thread that helped me figure out how to resolve in my case.

I just tried unplugging my wired cable that I’d plugged in yesterday and that got it working again. So it seems that it's been registered to my machine via maybe the Mac address linked to my wifi and as I have two wifi networks across the house it's linked to both of those (I've tested and they both work fine). So when I used a wired cable (instead) it caused this issue as it looks like three accounts using the software.

I also found that if I leave in the cable and switch to wifi instead it still seems to fail, so I had to remove the wire and switch wifi off and on again for it to work properly. I don't have the ability to have it authorised on one of the the wifi SSID and wired connection now as I can't deauthorise the computer as far as I can tell.

I get they need to protect it against pirating but usually this is addressed by having the ability on your account to authorise and deauthorise a machine. @support We need that facility please?

4. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

We completely understand. Dealing with pirates has always been an issue. Since we have gotten rid of the pirates, we have actually been able to have our software at a cheaper price.
    We are looking for other ways in the future but for the time being we always recommend to save regularly and if you every have account issues to send an email to support@buildbox.com