How To Make A Character Speed Up After Touching An Object ..

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by jimmiethekid, Feb 19, 2019.

1. jimmiethekid

jimmiethekid Boxer

Hi everyone,

I have been having a hard time finding info on this so I am posting for the first time. If there is a topic already, my apologies.

I know how to make an object move once touched by a character but I don't know how to make a character move, speedup, etc once it touches an object or some other element.

I am trying to have my character move faster than gameplay speed for a short distance once it touches an object. Ex. Character touches a specific coin object and gets a speed boost, then back to gameplay speed once the boost of speed runs out.

Is there a way to do this somehow?

Hope I was clear enough with describing what I am trying to do.

Cheers ..

2. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

I think this might work.
    make an action and set it to gameplay. then you can play with the settings. try time warp or maybe game speed.
    for the time it lasts change the duration.
    hope it helps

asif ahamed likes this.
  3. jimmiethekid

jimmiethekid Boxer

Thanks a million! Totally works how I want. I set it to action and then gameplay. I played with the gravity and can control the player from there. I will play with other setting but just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to help me with this one.

Cheers!

Tars Tarkas likes this.
  4. Serdar

Serdar Boxer

Hi, I am trying to have my character move faster than gameplay speed for a short distance once it touches an object.
    but I can't slow down again . here is the screenshot.

Attached Files:

5. sws

sws Boxer

I think you could keep the same setup you have, however, attach a Delay node to Collide (set it to however many seconds you want the character to speed up). From the Delay, attach another Time Warp node which sets the speed back to normal.

6. Serdar

Serdar Boxer

I think Delay node works not like a timer node.
    I solve this problem. add new if collide node to character and affect a different hide object. when this collide it is set time wrap again.