Tutorials Do Not Match The Software?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by WestonMicah, Apr 13, 2020.

1. WestonMicah

WestonMicah Boxer

I have tried going through a couple of tutorials, but I always get to a step where the tutorials do not match the software.
    Can someone please fix this problem?
    word counter VidMate Mobdro

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  2. mohamed awad

mohamed awad Avid Boxer

this is depends on buildbox version and which software- Buildbox 2 or 3
    for buildbox 3
    There are some differences between buildbox 3.0 and 3.1 or 3.2

like defeat animation under brain box buildbox 3.0
    it's moved under Action Nodes buildbox 3.1

so, absolutely you will find parts not match the modern software buildbox 3.2, it's normal and don't worry about that
    Just get the content out of the video
    and take a look at buildbox manual,
    https://www.buildbox.com/help/buildbox-3-manual/getting-started/

3. Blackbird Games Studio

Blackbird Games Studio Boxer

Hello WestonMicah,

Buildbox is continuously being updated with more features, enhancements and fixes. Which in general should be a good thing but I understand your point and I felt the same when I started learning BB3 but once you grasp the essence of the software and get used to how things are structured (i.e. nodes, brain boxes, scripts ... etc.) you will find things much easier regardless of the discrepancy between some of the videos and the latest version, plus you will be able to figure work arounds for whatever is missing or doesn't 100% match the latest version

I do suggest that whenever you face a problem to send a question over Discord or the Forums, we have a great community and a lot of members will be able to guide you whenever you face a problem

Good Luck :)

4. chefrobp68

chefrobp68 Boxer

I am just learning myself and had the same thoughts. I am able to get through some of the discrepancies, but it is frustrating. Also, when tutorials are instructing us to do certain tasks (i.e make x,y,z to 1,0,1 ) my question is why? Why those numbers and not 5,10,5 for example.
    I will keep plugging away, but am already looking at other game build engines.