Discussion Thread For Buildbox 3.2.0 Beta

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Sean Buildbox, Mar 28, 2020.

1. NickThacker

NickThacker Boxer

Ditto — no ground/materials.

2. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  3. RoccoManfredo

RoccoManfredo Boxer

HI, i started my game in the previous 3.1.4 version.
    After passing to the new version 3.2.0, i encountered a strange behavior in the UI Screen.
    My objects are now enormous (not in the game, only in the editor). It is now more difficult to work on it.
    Anyone can help ? Is that an error ?

Attached Files:

4. gnolmon

gnolmon Boxer

Please add feature call http request.... This is very important to make game more dynamic, now Buildbox is quite good for beginner but we can't scale game in the future

5. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

@Sean Buildbox While multiple tabs been opened in bb 3.2 final and when right clicked and selected either close or close all option Buildbox crash.Kindly provide a fix in new update.

6. RSG-Games

RSG-Games Boxer

Hi, I tried to download from the link above, Windows version, but the download does not start:
    This page isn’t working
    download.buildbox.com took too long to respond.

HTTP ERROR 504

7. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

@Sean Buildbox
    V3.2 appears to not release audio back to normal state after doing internal Admob consent check.

Place a mp3 music file in the Start Node, setup Admob, audio will be turned off for music by default. It does not effect game sounds, only background music.

Turns audio off and leaves it off forcing user to toggle sound button. Close game, restart, same thing, user has to toggle sound button for sound to work even though the button shows that sound is on.
    This will not show in preview, app has to be live for this to show up.
    If you remove Admob completely than everything goes back to normal because no internal consent check happens in BB.

Please ad this to bug list.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  8. RSG-Games

RSG-Games Boxer

OK I did the update from within my licensed copy of BB...
    Now 3.2.0 in installed and running... :)

9. Sean Buildbox

Already fixed for 3.2.1. We'll be releasing this version with a few hotfixes here in the next few days.

Sorry about that. Updated the links above, please use:

osx: https://downloads.buildbox.com/buildbox/3.1/mac/Buildbox_3.2.0-3630.zip

win: http://downloads.buildbox.com/buildbox/3.1/win/Buildbox_3.2.0-3630.exe

Already resolved as well ;)

TheGameAppStudio and RSG-Games like this.
  10. buildboxuser

buildboxuser Boxer

11. TheGameAppStudio

Hi, i am using the above said version Build 3630 .It seems that the problem still persist.I opened about 64 tabs and clicked on close all just now.It did close but however when i click on mind map Buildbox crashed.

12. mohamed awad

mohamed awad Avid Boxer

+1
    and when close many windows on the same time

13. Sean Buildbox

Almost certain we have this fixed for 3.2.1 already ;)

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  14. TheGameAppStudio

But no problem as i have to save the work every now and then ;) .And one more thing games are slow when playing on Android phone.I think it was good with Buildbox version 3.1.4 when compared to its predecessor .But the problem returns.I face this when testing it on Galaxy Note 10+ .Please provide a fix for this as Android is equally important as iOS.

15. Jeremy Southard

Jeremy Southard Boxer

Attached Files:

16. buildboxuser

buildboxuser Boxer

"Share" button do not work on iPad (works fine on android phone/tablet,iphone), app rejected by apple review team.
    Please advise...

Here is what I have in logs:

Code:
    [PTPlayer] - sending share message: Check this out!
    [PTPlayer] - Opens Share Widget: screenshot was taken
    [PTPlayer] - opens Share Widget: view controller presented
    2020-04-11 18:56:54.359528+0300 BBPlayer[5390:256879] [LayoutConstraints] Unable to simultaneously satisfy constraints.
        Probably at least one of the constraints in the following list is one you don't want.
        Try this:
            (1) look at each constraint and try to figure out which you don't expect;
            (2) find the code that added the unwanted constraint or constraints and fix it.
    (
        "<NSLayoutConstraint:0x28286c190 LPLinkView:0x104816a90.leading == UILayoutGuide:0x2832e2760'UIViewLayoutMarginsGuide'.leading   (active)>",
        "<NSLayoutConstraint:0x28286c280 H:[LPLinkView:0x104816a90]-(59)-|   (active, names: '|':_UIActivityContentTitleView:0x104870d50 )>",
        "<NSLayoutConstraint:0x28286b2a0 H:|-(0)-[_UIActivityContentTitleView:0x104870d50]   (active, names: '|':_UINavigationBarContentView:0x10f875ab0 )>",
        "<NSLayoutConstraint:0x28286b430 _UIActivityContentTitleView:0x104870d50.trailing == _UINavigationBarContentView:0x10f875ab0.trailing   (active)>",
        "<NSLayoutConstraint:0x282893a70 'UIView-Encapsulated-Layout-Width' _UINavigationBarContentView:0x10f875ab0.width == 0   (active)>",
        "<NSLayoutConstraint:0x28286c1e0 'UIView-leftMargin-guide-constraint' H:|-(16)-[UILayoutGuide:0x2832e2760'UIViewLayoutMarginsGuide'](LTR)   (active, names: '|':_UIActivityContentTitleView:0x104870d50 )>"
    )

Will attempt to recover by breaking constraint
    <NSLayoutConstraint:0x28286c190 LPLinkView:0x104816a90.leading == UILayoutGuide:0x2832e2760'UIViewLayoutMarginsGuide'.leading   (active)>

Make a symbolic breakpoint at UIViewAlertForUnsatisfiableConstraints to catch this in the debugger.
    The methods in the UIConstraintBasedLayoutDebugging category on UIView listed in <UIKitCore/UIView.h> may also be helpful.

17. buildboxuser

buildboxuser Boxer

Ok, I finally found working option here https://stackoverflow.com/a/27189994

Code:
    GameViewController.update

//instead of [self presentViewController:activityVC animated:YES completion:nil];
            //if iPhone
            if (UI_USER_INTERFACE_IDIOM() == UIUserInterfaceIdiomPhone) {
                [selfpresentViewController:activityVC animated:YEScompletion:nil];
            }
            //if iPad
            else {
                // Change Rect to position Popover
                UIPopoverController *popup = [[UIPopoverController alloc] initWithContentViewController:activityVC];
                [popup presentPopoverFromRect:CGRectMake(self.view.frame.size.width/2, self.view.frame.size.height/4, 0, 0)inView:self.viewpermittedArrowDirections:UIPopoverArrowDirectionAnyanimated:YES];
            }

PTLog("opens Share Widget: view controller presented");

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  18. rahul@123

rahul@123 Boxer

how can i update my buildbox .. it is not updating just showing this image

Attached Files:

19. Blackbird Games Studio

Blackbird Games Studio Boxer

Hello rahul@123

If this problem is still happening then please try downloading the latest BB3 from these links and install it manually:

Updated: 4/3/2020 MacOS: https://downloads.buildbox.com/buildbox/3.1/mac/Buildbox_3.2.0-3630.zip
    Windows: http://downloads.buildbox.com/buildbox/3.1/win/Buildbox_3.2.0-3630.exe

And HYG some quick links for the manual, API reference and a free template:
    Manual: https://www.buildbox.com/help/buildbox-3-manual/getting-started/
    API Reference: https://www.buildbox.com/help/buildbox-3-api-reference/entity/
    Here's a free new template! https://s5b5v9n9.map2.ssl.hwcdn.net/buildbox/BuildBox3_1_4_Feature.bbdoc

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  20. RoccoManfredo

RoccoManfredo Boxer

Sean Buildbox likes this.