How Can I Fix My Animation?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by yazoozay, Mar 31, 2020.

1. yazoozay

yazoozay Boxer

Hello. I have tried to add an animated character in a 2D world and make a platformer. So far so good, but when I added the image sequence I noticed that the character moves but there is an Idle position of it always standing there. So I deleted the main character and left only the animation images The problem was fixed, but then I couldn't see my character anymore on the canvas. I can only see it when I preview the game :(
    And after using the platformer brainbox my character started moving backward too.
    Any suggestions on how to fix that and how not to delete my character and still see it on the canvas?

Attached Files:

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

You might need to delete a frame in the animation. So probably the first frame is actually blank, if you deleted an image. To stop your character moving backward(?) - do you mean from left then back to right? Just change the move on the axis to 0 so it can't move in the direction you dont want it to move in. This applies in all directions

3. yazoozay

yazoozay Boxer

Alright, I fixed one of the problems. I had to reverse my images in order to move the way I wanted them to. It seems that the Brainbox for the platformer works fine only if the character images are facing left. Otherwise, they move as the character above, with its back forward.
    Now another problem accrues. I have overlapping images of my character when in an idle position in the 2D world.it seems that I can see all the animations poses at once. How do I fix that?
    And lastly, when using the platformer Brainbox can I set a jump limit somehow? Now my character jumps endlessly. I know there is an option in the Jump action node, but there is no such node in the platformer Brainbox.
    Apologies for all those silly questions, but I'm really interested and I'm trying to get into it.
    Thanks in advance! :)

Attached Files: