Path Move

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by wmfear, Dec 23, 2019.

1. wmfear

wmfear Avid Boxer

Hi guys.

I`m working on a car game that has some turns. My character is using the "Touch Path"-node to move, and it works fine, it follows the path quite nicely even when the road turns. But I can`t figure out how to get the other cars (enemies) to follow the same path. They just drive straight ahead no matter what I do. If I try to use the "Path Move" on the other cars, they just "follow" my character as I swipe right and left. Am I doing something wrong?

Is there a simple solution to this that I`m not seeing? Would appreciate any help :)

2. Amitesh

Amitesh Boxer

Hey wmfear, I am having the same issue. Were you able to come up with any solution?

3. wmfear

wmfear Avid Boxer

Hi, no I asked support about this, and they replied:
    "It is currently not possible, but we will have this in one of the next releases. Thanks for the feedback!"

This was early January this year, so hopefully in the next release :)

4. Amitesh

Amitesh Boxer

Hi wmfear, thanks for the reply. I was wondering if you had any trouble when working with the touch path node. Whenever I try adding it to my character, it only moves it horizontal without following the actual path. If I try using path move with touch path the character then follows the path but very slowly and doesn't allow me to move it horizontally.