My Buildbox 3.1.4 Does Not Have A Defeat Brainbox Like In The Tutorial.

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Muhammad Azam, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Muhammad Azam

Muhammad Azam Boxer

My BuildBox 3.1.4 does not have a Defeat brainbox like in the tutorial. Please, Someone, guide me on how to get it?

2. Blackbird Games Studio

Blackbird Games Studio Boxer

Hello, Defeat brainbox is not included anymore but you can easily add an 'If-Collide' node plus a 'Defeat' node, something like the attached

Please let me know if this worked for you?

Attached Files:

3. Muhammad Azam

Muhammad Azam Boxer

Hi Ayman!
    Thank you so much for your reply, but please tell me How can I add the 'if collide' button in the map area and other things. Like you've shown me in the attached pic.

4. Blackbird Games Studio

Hi Muhammad,
    If you double click any asset from the left menu you will enter the node map where you can edit the nodes that handle the logic related to this asset, once you enter this new view; the left menu will change to another menu that contains the new nodes that you can use and at the top you should find a search so that you can easily find the 'If-Collide' and 'Defeat' nodes, please follow these steps and let me know if you can find what I am talking about?

On the other hand I believe you need to watch some tutorials first before you can go deeper into BB3, so when you open BB3 on the landing screen you should find a link to 'Tutorials' click it and start watching the getting started introductory tutorials, there are a lot of tutorials that explain how to use BB3 including how to manage the assets' nodes and associated logic

Good Luck and in case you need any more help let me know :)

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  5. Blackbird Games Studio

Sean Buildbox likes this.