Buildbox 2.3.8.2509 Beta

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by NikRudenko, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

okay

2. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @NikRudenko @Sean Buildbox Chartboost SDK for Android in this version seems to be old. Chartboost didn't approve my game for Publishing Ads in my game. Please check the text below. I would appreciate if you could make an update of BB 2.3.8 thanks.

Hi Volkan
    [THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL]

Unfortunately, your app Niwashi Kid (5dbec7370d72f10b30321a8f) has not passed our Publisher Review.

Some common reasons for rejection are:

• There is an issue with your SDK integration (for example you used an old SDK version or inserted a wrong App ID). Check here on how to integrate the SDK.
    • Your app is not available in the store or is available only in specific countries. In order for us to test your app for publishing, we must be able to download it and install on our test device. In case of Google Play and Amazon apps, we can only download them if they are available in the US or the Netherlands. Please provide the correct app store URL or send us your APK (for Google Play and Amazon apps outside of the US and the Netherlands), so we can install your app on our test device.
    • Your app does not meet our publisher quality standards (for example it crashes or your ad placements are too frequent).
    • Your app does not comply with our Terms & Conditions
    If your app has been rejected for one of the first three reasons, you have 14 days to fix the issue and contact us to request another review. In our contact form, please follow the steps under Publishing -> My app has been rejected for publishing.

Best,

The Chartboost Team

3. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

hi volcank
    on each world the possibility of adding an event without going through UI, an event on world1 links to the direct world2
    which goes off with best coins? is there anything possible to add on bb2.3.8 officiale

4. Ionut Andrei

Ionut Andrei Boxer

How can i make to buy a license for this version 2.3.8 please?

5. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

If you purchase a paid license you can request a BB2 license from support. They do not get issued by default and are not available on the free package.

6. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Interesting. I'm still using BB2 as a few others are as well, cause I (we) have way too many projects going on with BB2 and BB3 is still not fully backwards compatible. It would be nice to see a discounted price for a full Pro BB2 license as I do not see me switching in the next year as I'm not that interested in the 3D aspect of game making. IDK it's just a thought.

7. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

I think BB2 will never be 100% compatible with BB3. It would require transferring all functions to BB3 and it probably won't happen. Not to mention the possibility of doing various tricks.

MAC420 likes this.
  8. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

I totally agree it will never happen. So it is what it is then.

Jaro likes this.
  9. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

I think it could be succcessfully sold as a separate product, even though it has a few things to improve.

MAC420 likes this.
  10. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

That's what I think. I just don't think BB2 should be thrown in the trash. BB2 & BB3 are similar but, so different from each other at the same time.

Jaro likes this.
  11. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

BB2 will certainly be supported but certainly no major changes will be made. It's about moving all users to BB3. For me it is not a way out because I spent quite a lot of time studying and I would like something to be born from it. It is a pity for me to study again. Although I'm not saying that someday I won't try.

MAC420 likes this.
  12. Blackbird Games Studio

Blackbird Games Studio Boxer

I believe it might be a good idea if @TreySmith adopt it to have two different game engines/builders or probably qualify BB3 as a game engine since it has the coding/scripting option now while qualify BB2 as a game builder with no coding option, marketing wise probably they need two different names for these two products, support wise BB2 is almost 100% stable now so it is only a matter of fixing the known bugs then support should be business as usual, while financial wise if it is provided with full features at a lower price than BB3 then it would be an additional revenue that won't harm the company unless of course they will consider this as a lost revenue from BB3, but even this last point need to be studied because people who can't afford the current BB3 Pro price might go for another engine that provides all the features for free (i.e. Godot) instead of buying BB3 or even using Buildbox free, food for thought for @TreySmith

MAC420, HG-2018 and 33Shox like this.
  13. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

hi all
    i agree with you @aymen
    I chose to use BB since 2015 because I have always found that buildin system suits me so for me, bb3 I do not attach and I'm not interested at the moment bb3
    I want updates like before for bb2 I don't think I'm the only one

you can add small features from time to time and fix bugs

MAC420, HG-2018 and 33Shox like this.
  14. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

So not sure if it has anything to do with this update. But in my first level the characters all move fine and then in the second level they slow down??? Any suggestions???

15. deborahjmossman

deborahjmossman Boxer

I need help... I am finally trying to get my apps up on Amazon and Google play but I am am having issues admob test ads are not working? Is anyone else having this issue?

I am using the latest version of android studio and buildbox 2.3.8 #2535

@Sean Buildbox

Thanks so much!!

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  16. Sean Buildbox

Just sent you an email, will help you get to the bottom of this ;)

17. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Last update in June

:/

18. Ionut Andrei

Ionut Andrei Boxer

Hi Sean, what type of license must to buy? It is possible with Buildbox Plus Plan?

19. Sean Buildbox

You can use the Buildbox Plus plan, but it will have the same restrictions for that plan as well

20. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Woo! I'm just noticing the new Plus plan. I got questions. If I switch to that can I still use BB2? Can I still export to PC & steam? Do you guys take revenue on that plan? If I switch now from my indie plan at $35 a month will I be changed for both plans this month $45 or just the $9.99? Do I have to have Ads on my game then? Cause I'm looking at AD FREE games. What will be the difference between the plan I'm on and switching?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020