Objects Do Not Add Actions On New Scenes

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by nforce, Feb 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. nforce

nforce Boxer

Anyone has an idea why when adding an object with spawn for example does not work if placed on a scene ? The original placed object and coins work in the first scene when i created them, but now when i add them on new scenes they do not trigger spawn and if collide . Curious thing is that the original objects placed on first scene if duplicated work in same scene but if i try to duplicate them in new scene they do not work.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  2. nforce

nforce Boxer

So no one has any idea ?... this BB3 is so bugged that it almost makes me want to start learning coding and use a real engine.

3. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

I tried duplicating your issue. Everything copied fine. I’m on an iMac, you?
    Have you sent this to the support team?

4. nforce

nforce Boxer

I am on Windows 10 , using the Fall Switch template , maybe this template is just bugged beyond repair , tons of collision bugs and scene glitches

5. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

I just tested the Fall Switch template on my iMac, BB v3.1.4. I simply added a spawn function to the Debris object. I placed it in the middle of scene 2 and copied it to scene 3. Worked. Of course this is a super simple test, maybe your object is more complicated and has another action that is causing issues?

6. nforce

nforce Boxer

It is very simple actually , a barrel that is set to disappear on impact then spawn an explosion animation, here is a screenshot of the nodes if you would like to take a look, maybe i do it wrong [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  7. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Use this. Worked for me. I simply duplicated the Point, called it Point_Spawn, placed in scene 2 and copied to scene 3. Worked.

test.png